Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 12   Posjećeno od: 208 users
07.01.2011 - 01:51
I was trying to figure out why there arnt aas many naval battles and how we could have more. My thought are that we need maps designed for naval warefare, mabey a america vs europe thing.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
07.01.2011 - 05:10
Basically current "Oceania" setting
(Australia, NZ, and South Asia) is usually heavely depends on Naval force.

But making a North America vs. Europe is not a bad idea eather.
----
Very vicious moderator
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
07.01.2011 - 08:30
Because Naval units are so slow, players will still use bombers and air transport.

Marines are so popular now because it gives you a real big advantage and is still overpowering in my option, so why would anyone want to use naval units.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
07.01.2011 - 18:56
Naval units are so stylish and cool, weeeee
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.01.2011 - 11:42
Make battles ships more powerful I say, and give them an advantages when attacking cities.
----
peveyom heekaht setuh ei iqeht eineta kelah gohk seluxah gohk
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.01.2011 - 17:30
Role of the navy is the control of the seas, that is for example stopping a country from getting reinforcements from oversea, naval units have quite long range, so it's possible to pass whole sea in one turn, due to the random nature of moves, pursuing transports with battleships suck a lot. battleships should always be first to move to be able to intercept and actually really stop other players. Now noone cares about really stopping approaching units. people know that it will be almost impossible to have luck needed to stop them, so they are still preparing defence in the place which to too valuable to be lost. If battleships somehow stop the transports then horaaaay, but people never count on it.

Sorry for low quality of the first paragraph. I'm in kinda after-party intellectual state. I'll try to make my thoughs sound more reasonable:

Transports move a lot of units during one turn, they cross whole seas, enemy players have just one turn to intercept these transports with battleships or bombers and there is still only a partial chance that intercepting units will move before the transport (moves are queued, and then it's randomized which player has his move done first). So, very often the outcome is that one transport passes the whole sea without being intercepted and destroyed by a large stack of battleships which are patrolling the shores. Naval units are unreliable!

I say: make battleships always do their move first. No matter if the move of battleships was planned as first or wheather it was planned as last, they always should move first. No matter that game randomizes which player's first move is done first, the move involving a stack consisting of battleships should always be first (on for example 95%). This would make sea units really have their special status.

Land units capture cities and are main fighting force
Air units can fight on both land and sea and are great support due to being fast,
Naval units should become units which make sure that your Iceland is safe from desant of units from European transports.

second suggestion:
Make battleships an even more powerful and expensive ships, used for total dominance when attacking port cities or for stationary defence in a line or a city, and introduce a second ship unit: Destroyer/Interceptor, which is a bit less powerful (and way less capable in defence) but which is acting just as battleship from my first suggestion in this topic. This new ship should not be very powerful, but it should almost always move first, to make naval defence more reliable and to force players to cover their transports with ships capable of fighting.

Don't make naval units faster, don't make 'em ridiculously powerful, just make them become reliable. As for now there is no use for the actuall battle ships. They have only a bit higher defence than way cheaper infantry, they can't attack cities in land. Infantry + tanks + air/naval transports are in every possible way better than actual battleships. Period.

Now I can go to bed. Cheers :]
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.01.2011 - 19:36
Ships make much more sense for defense. The proper change is increasing the max distance between naval units in a defense line (compared to ground units). If it is easier to make a defense line covering a wide area using ships, there will be a lot more naval battles.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
09.01.2011 - 05:24
We need new map with island, for naval unit battle.
A great idea would be to have battleships that can fire far in land with their gun cannons.
And aircraft carrier that spawn, let's say 4 aircraft fighters in them automatically that can take off from there.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
10.01.2011 - 04:09
Now that Hawaii is its own country (I think), you could just make hawaii a capture the country objective?
----
~
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.01.2011 - 12:24
That would be awesome!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
20.01.2011 - 03:02
Napisano od Sificvoid, 10.01.2011 at 04:09

Now that Hawaii is its own country (I think), you could just make hawaii a capture the country objective?

i'd love that mate...
----
"If you can accept losing, you can't win." ~ Vince Lombardi
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
20.01.2011 - 06:16
 Hawk
I remember seeing a cargo ship suggestion somewhere on this forum, but I can't remember where.
However, I think it was an excellent idea. There should be a fairly cheap unit that does not have maintenance. When it moves to another city, it would increase the income of that city for a short period of time, or something similar.
Additionally, I feel that putting fuel on air units would drastically increase the usefulness of naval units. Air units would have a certain fuel capacity. They could only move so many times before they were destroyed, because of lack of fuel. They could refuel at any city by landing on it. This would increase the usefulness of naval units.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ