Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 15   Posjećeno od: 50 users
28.12.2013 - 21:44
 KYBL
At this point, ending your turn is a gamble. If you end your turn and want to continue just to save your moves, your turn is completely dependent on your opponent(s) not ending theirs. If you don't end your turn until you are done everything, you could lose connection.

The gamble is pretty small for the side of losing connection, but it should really exist. Simply being able to save yor turn without the risk of losing future moves should be an option.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.12.2013 - 21:51
I would also like a hotkey to save if this becomes a thing.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.12.2013 - 22:05
Hotkey sounds hot!
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.12.2013 - 22:33
 Nero
Napisano od Columna Durruti, 28.12.2013 at 22:05

Hotkey sounds hot!

That pun
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.12.2013 - 23:06
Napisano od Nero, 28.12.2013 at 22:33

Hotkey sounds hot!

That pun

----
It's not the end.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
07.01.2014 - 15:17
Napisano od Mr_Own_U, 28.12.2013 at 23:06

Napisano od Nero, 28.12.2013 at 22:33

Hotkey sounds hot!

That pun

----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
07.01.2014 - 19:50
Napisano od KYBL, 28.12.2013 at 21:44

Simply being able to save yor turn without the risk of losing future moves should be an option.

I strongly support this. I've suggested this feature before for casual games: http://fr.atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=8582. It would be nice to have for quick too, for the reasons you mention.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.01.2014 - 21:40

At this point, ending your turn is a gamble. If you end your turn and want to continue just to save your moves, your turn is completely dependent on your opponent(s) not ending theirs. If you don't end your turn until you are done everything, you could lose connection.

The gamble is pretty small for the side of losing connection, but it should really exist. Simply being able to save yor turn without the risk of losing future moves should be an option.

Whatever happens I'd still like to f5 the page if I make a catastrophic mistake, how does the engine know if you disconnected on purpose or accident to reset your moves?

2 sides to the coin mate.

No support <3
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
09.01.2014 - 07:39
No support
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
09.01.2014 - 07:59
 KYBL
Napisano od 4Chan, 08.01.2014 at 21:40

Whatever happens I'd still like to f5 the page if I make a catastrophic mistake, how does the engine know if you disconnected on purpose or accident to reset your moves?

No support <3

Then make a redo button
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
09.01.2014 - 09:12
Napisano od KYBL, 09.01.2014 at 07:59

Napisano od 4Chan, 08.01.2014 at 21:40

No support <3

Then make a redo button

Redo one by one or wipe everything?
Although I'm sure there is a reason why you can't cancel multiple moves.

How about after reloading a page/being disconnected you get a popup asking if you would like to restore your session/moves e.g when your browser crashes.

With the exception of a new turn starting while you were disconnected

Would seem more logical
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
10.01.2014 - 01:10
Napisano od 4Chan, 09.01.2014 at 09:12

Then make a redo button

How about after reloading a page/being disconnected you get a popup asking if you would like to restore your session/moves e.g when your browser crashes.
Would seem more logical

Or how about just having the "save" button available at all times. That way, you'd have the option to either save your moves before ending your turn. And you can still F5 when needed. It's also probably more simple to code.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
10.01.2014 - 01:40
Napisano od Grimm, 10.01.2014 at 01:10

Napisano od 4Chan, 09.01.2014 at 09:12

Then make a redo button

Would seem more logical

Or how about just having the "save" button available at all times. That way, you'd have the option to either save your moves before ending your turn. And you can still F5 when needed. It's also probably more simple to code.

Ah but you never know when you are going to disconnect, although with what I suggested it's implied that your moves are saved as you go without clicking anything It's an issue for me because I blue screen like 3 times a day <3

On the other hand this isn't a really big issue, I wouldn't mind leaving it how it is tbh
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
10.01.2014 - 11:22
Napisano od 4Chan, 10.01.2014 at 01:40

Napisano od Grimm, 10.01.2014 at 01:10

Ah but you never know when you are going to disconnect, although with what I suggested it's implied that your moves are saved as you go without clicking anything It's an issue for me because I blue screen like 3 times a day <3

On the other hand this isn't a really big issue, I wouldn't mind leaving it how it is tbh
The way I see it, you can just click "save" every couple of moves if you're worried about disconnecting. But I agree that it's not a huge issue for quick games. For casual games though, this would be a huge improvement! Casual turns are often quite long (world games and other large maps) and I can't count the times I got disconnected and had to restart all my moves. Sometimes, I just don't have time to finish my turn and have to leave to do something else.

So for casual games, a save button or just an auto-save feature would allow me to come back to my turn later and resume where I left off. The only issue with the auto-save is that you need to add that "undo-moves" function; a save button could be added without requiring other modifications.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
12.01.2014 - 07:21
Support the hotkey.

About the catastrophic mistakes... it's no different from mistakes now, live with them or don't make them (I suggest you do the 2nd one).
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ