Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 68   Posjećeno od: 219 users

Orginalna objava

Objavljeno od VRIL, 03.01.2014 - 10:18
Competitive Map Contest

It is 2014 and I would like to celebrate the start of the year with a new and exciting Competition Map Contest.

One year after the implementation of the custom map editor atWar players roughly split into two groups: Fans of scenarios and custom maps and fans of the classic EU+ +100 preset. The goal of this contest is to develop a real alternative to the well established EU+ map and integrate it into the competitive map pool aswell as letting both groups of our community move a bit closer together.

To achieve this ambitious goal this contest will not end right after the announcement of the winner. It will be followed by a phase of map promotion and a series of high level competition for individual players and coalitions on the winners map. To motivate map makers and to emphasize the need for a competitive custom map the prize pool will be provided completely by the players. As a host I will start out the contest with 3000 Protocoins out of my own pocket. And Until the very end of the contest all interested players are invited to contribute a small amount to the prize pool and show their appreciation. The winner will be selected by a hand picked jury of neutral trusted map makers and experienced competitive players.

For more detailed information please read on.

Have fun!

Rules

- Map must be created 2014
- Units need to be cloned from Whole World Map
- If necessary, Unit names, description and picture may be altered
- A background image is obligatory
- Authentic country and city names are obligatory
- Map balance is important, by submitting you accept to adjust map balance according to player feedback
- Only own creations are allowed for submission
- Collaborations are allowed, prize pool is split equally but only regular map contest trophies for collaborators
- Low quality submissions or uncomplying maps are excluded from evaluation
- Contest participants are not included in the jury
- Deadline for map submission is March 1st 2014 0:01 h CET, no exceptions

- In case of disputes or ambiguities I have the final judgement

Prize pool distribution

1st - 70% Protocoins, venue for 2 tournaments, 30d map promotion, Unique Trophy
2nd - 20% Protocoins, regular map contest trophy
3rd - 10% Protocoins, regular map contest trophy

Custom Map Tournaments

After determining the winning map I will host two tournaments on it. Detailed information about dates, rules and settings are to be announced.

First tournament is open for 8 coalitions competing in single elimination mode. The reward is a custom tournament winner trophy for the two finalist coalitions.
The very first of its kind!

Second tournament is open for 16 competitive players (1200+ ELO or Rank 10+) aswell in single elimination mode.
I plan this tournament to be finished within 2 days after the first game. Reward will be a custom trophy for the best 3 players.

Hints:

Size and feel of your map should be inspired by the EU+ +100 map.

- Balanced for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 5k and 10+ players FFA 5k
- Balanced for 3k up to 15k starting funds, emphasize on 5k and 10k
- Average play time is about 15 to 25 turns

- Smart geographical features to encourage usage of transports
- Port city ratio is about 1:4

The diversity of regions enriches the game play on the EU+ map. Make sure you include the following regions:

- High income, High reinforcements, medium/high density (Germany, France, UK, Rus. Central)
- High income, low reinforcements, low/medium density (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland)
- Medium income, low/medium reinforcements, low density (Russia... )
- Medium income, High reinforcements, medium density (Spain, Italy, Ukraine)
- Low/medium income, medium reinforcements, medium/high density (Greece, Poland, Serbia, Romania, Belarus, Austria)
- Low income, high reinforcements, high density (Turkey)
- Low income, low/medium reinforcements, high density (aka Balkan countries/ former yugoslavia or capital only countries)
- Low income, low/medium reinforcements, periphereal (Iceland, Portugal, Ireland, Azerbajan...)

Perfect balance can only be achieved on a mirrored map. Therefore a well made two or four way mirrored map will recieve bonus points! I would even recommed to clone EU countries and cities and rename and readjust borders and city placement.
30.03.2014 - 09:19
Contest is dead but whatever; here is a balanced out map for a teamgame;
It's based on the Europe+ Map. Design and everything done myself.
Some extra thread for it will follow.

http://atwar-game.com/map/?id=6546

EDIT; http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=12938
----
On the cool side of Thievery.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.03.2014 - 06:50
Death1812
Račun izbrisan
gg VRIL last online 30 days ago
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.04.2014 - 10:03
Hi, guys <3

Since VRIL is inactive for a while now, I am going to finish this for him. A hand of trustful Map Makers and competitive Players received a form to decide the best map. They can vote till Sunday the 20th April. Right afterwards on the 21st April a tourney with these maps will start. More details and the registration page will follow soon
:
If you have any questions pls dont hesitate to message me. Click here to message Safari

All in all we have 13 Maps submitted for this Contest:

Your Safari <3
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.04.2014 - 10:18
I'd like you to take my map out of this as it has been unpublished and canceled
----
On the cool side of Thievery.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.04.2014 - 10:26
Napisano od Clovek30, 11.04.2014 at 10:18

I'd like you to take my map out of this as it has been unpublished and canceled

Ok. done
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.04.2014 - 11:11
WAIT! What happened? I submitted 2 maps:
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.04.2014 - 11:20
Napisano od Chess, 11.04.2014 at 11:17

Napisano od Columna Durruti, 11.04.2014 at 11:11

Both of them are shown in the survey. I guess Safari forgot to post the complete list in the forum.

Ohhh... ufff!
Thanks.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.04.2014 - 11:56
Napisano od Columna Durruti, 11.04.2014 at 11:20

Napisano od Chess, 11.04.2014 at 11:17

Napisano od Columna Durruti, 11.04.2014 at 11:11

Both of them are shown in the survey. I guess Safari forgot to post the complete list in the forum.

Ohhh... ufff!
Thanks.

Chess is right, I just forgot to list it here. Sorry
I fixed it
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ