Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 11   Posjećeno od: 89 users
03.05.2011 - 04:59
Ok, So I'm a little pissed. I was in a euro match. We were having fun and no issues.

I was at war with with someone and pushed them out of the mainland just to have him start sending 1 bomber a turn to each of the stacks.

this effectively made it so I could not even defend myself. Over the course of 12 turns all he had to do was send 1 bomber to my stacks and land units to take the cites i could not defend because I could not use my units.

My ally in the game said Its just a game mechanic and he uses it all the time. Its crazy to think this is a fair way to win at all.
Anyone else seen this before?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.05.2011 - 05:19
It's a common thing, You just have to deal with it.
Word of advice
1st thing You should do during your turn, is to move this stack of troops, to have a better chance of avoiding this.
snd thing is to split your stack, and then attack from all directions
----
Very vicious moderator
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.05.2011 - 05:27
Because its common I dont see how that makes it. Ok.

I could not split my troops. I had 2 50 stacks and 1 30 stack and a few small ones. I could not defend myself because once he started doing that My troops would not move rather I tried to slip them or move them.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.05.2011 - 05:38
 Amok (Admin)
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.05.2011 - 01:32
It is fair bc your opponet is at the same possible disadvantage that you are suffering from. If you could predict where his bomers were going to attack from you simply would have to send a single bomer to attack that point and assuming you moved first his attack sequence would be halted. This is one reason why stealth strategies can seem unbalanced to a beginners.

summary: decide whats the best use of your recorces, increasing the odds your force will attack the intended target or increasing the odds his force wont attack the intended target.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.05.2011 - 14:34
While the FAQ allows me to understand a bit more on how it worked I know how to stop it.

This does not mean I see it as a fair idea. So your telling me that the abilty to send 1 bomber to a stack of units too stop it from moving that turn seems like a legitimate Idea? It is in no way realistic. Regardless of what you want to call it it is only abusing the combat system.

The " Everyone can use it or every does it " defense is not an acceptable defense to anything. I'm not qqing about it anymore like I was in the first post. While I think its cheap I dont blame him for doing it I more blame the fact that the combat system can be abused this way, mods know about it and nothing is done.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.05.2011 - 15:33
 Ivan (Admin)
First, it's not entirely unrealistic. Sending a bomber squad to attack an enemy's army might well hinder their movement.

Second, this is the only possible way. Movements can only be resolved in the order in which they are made by players. We might try resolving a second tier of movements (continuing movement of winning armies), but even that is not an easy task.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.05.2011 - 15:38
Napisano od Ivan, 04.05.2011 at 15:33

First, it's not entirely unrealistic. Sending a bomber squad to attack an enemy's army might well hinder their movement.

I tend to agree. On the other hand, 1 infantry squad stopping a stack of 130 tank sqauds....thats unrealistic, the tank squads would mow right over...even if it stopped a few the vast majority would go through.

I don't really think this is a problem, but if you want to change it, as a solution, what if you added a check, for say, if the intercepting unit is less than 2% (or something, pick a number) of the stack it is attacking, it will never move first. So that way 1 infantry can't stop 100 tanks, but it could still stop 40 tanks. You get the idea, I dont know if this is possible to do with the engine. But this might stop the "cheapness" of this tactic.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.05.2011 - 17:36
Might well hinder their movement.

Hinder not utterly stop them. Also I've read the units are not one but groups of units. ( IE: 1 infantry is actually multiple infantry). Cant see how one company of infantry can stop 100 company's of tanks. However I do take back saying its not realistic. I see how a squad of bombers could hurt the movement of tanks but just not in such a powerful way.

I understand Its not a high priority to be fixed. Just felt it needed to get some attention.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.05.2011 - 07:49
OK this argument is kinda Lop sided so let me join in.
Lets say you have 1 million tanks in a city and your prepairing an attack on a city with 1 tank in it
First off it takes you alot longer to prepair your tanks to attack that city so the 1 tank city should move first.

Second. If while your fuleing your 1 million tanks you spot incoming bad guys your not going to sit there and continue fueling your tanks your going to engadge with the bad guys then after the engadgement say WOW that was only 1 tank and then go back to refueling your tanks and if there is time left in your turn and all your tanks get filled slaughter that empty city.

Now As far a a Game Mecanic goes I love it! Becasue i find it Unrealistic for a general to put all there troops in 1 city and leave the rest of the planet without an army. I Love when people play this way and i take full advantge of it by flying in 5 Merine while i pin down there entire army in 1 spot.

Now how to combat it.
Dont stack all your troops! 100 tanks kill more but 4 stacks of 25 tanks running in a defensive line gets a defence bonus, have a better area they can hit and require 4 units to stop the line. This also stops Merine from advanceing behind your tank line.

Alot of people play the overkill teqnike as i call it of Unit stacking and its a good stratagy, But again if you plan around it you can deal with it while still launching a decent offence.

i have played games where i let my oponent take my capital with a huge army while i actualy out number them in units but there smaller stacks and they think they win Untill i fly 2/3s of it back at my cap regaining my cap and continueing to advance around the board.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.05.2011 - 07:53
O yea there is another counter Send your big stack at your target in waves IE 100 bombers in 10 10 bomber stacks at the target insted of 100 bombers in 1 stack. some will move some will stay and if your outnumbering your oponent you will kill both the attacking and defending location.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ