Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 44   Posjećeno od: 139 users

Orginalna objava

Objavljeno od Mr_Own_U, 26.08.2014 - 22:06
Few things for this. I suggest changing the game name back to Afterwind, I'll explain why..

Afterwind is a unique name, and there is no other name like it. If you search it in Google, you will find nothing but old afterwind. Pretty much anything related to current Atwar. Now if you google atWar, you will only find atwar being at the top, while you will find things such as:

atwar.NYtimes.com
KingdomesatWar
www.moddb.com/mods/republic-at-war
atwarthebandofficialwebsite
Hollywood Atwar
Letsface it USA is atwar with yemen too

All of these things come up to rival atWar the game when you type in Atwar in the search bar.. Only 1 link can be related to atwar the game. I believe that it is hurting the marketing process of people searching for games. Atwar does not seem original and there is way too many things that atwar can be put into by other social media networks that can rival our game name..

Now Google, Afterwind:

atwar-game.com/
Afterwind | Facebook
Afterwind - AtWar Wiki
Afterwind - free multiplayer strategy - YouTube
Afterwind - Free Multiplayer War Game - Vectorlight.net
How to Afterwind: The Best Countries to Start With - MladenS
Play atWar, a free online game on Kongregate

Literally every single thing is related to the game we play today..

It makes it easier to market/advertise your game, when your name is nothing but the first page of google, to where "atWar" is rivaling all sorts of things.
27.08.2014 - 11:39
Changing the name made no sense to me. As others have said, the name sticks and is far more searchable.

On the otherhand, they have likely invested alot into the brand now so its near impossible to budge,

As a business decision, I have no idea why the name was changed in the first place, even if nuclear weapons were rare.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.08.2014 - 12:00
Napisano od clovis1122, 26.08.2014 at 22:27

Dat fell when 98% of the people supporting this are from evoL......

Dat ''fell'' when 98% of the people don't even know ''Afterwind'' but just support...
----

Napisano od Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.08.2014 - 12:02
Napisano od Goblin, 27.08.2014 at 11:03

No, dont change back ...im waiting for Afterwind troopers trophy

Omg yes.. this is best idea evah. Give me my old trophy
----

Waffel for mod 2015
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.08.2014 - 13:16
Napisano od Waffel, 27.08.2014 at 12:00

Dat ''fell'' when 98% of the people don't even know ''Afterwind'' but just support...

It's not about afterwind history name it's about marketing and advertising
----
It's not the end.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.08.2014 - 13:20
Give us Afterwind trophy
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.08.2014 - 13:23
Napisano od Mr_Own_U, 27.08.2014 at 13:16

Napisano od Waffel, 27.08.2014 at 12:00

It's not about afterwind history name it's about marketing and advertising

Eh. This game got also more members by the name changing. Unlike you the old peeps know it. But still, the old name is more catchy and better.. But yeah, im not the admin of this game so my opinion doesn't matter.
----

Waffel for mod 2015
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.08.2014 - 18:14
As I told MOU in pr's yesterday, the name "Afterwind" no longer represent the game. This is a copy of what Ivan say:

Lock threat was requested here.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.08.2014 - 02:55
Atwar sounds better for me
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.08.2014 - 04:05
Black Shark
Račun izbrisan
I just realized, who would be googling afterwind in search for a game?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.08.2014 - 04:52
I support but its not up to us but to the game makers and what they think is right. atwar does feel obscure and this isn't atwar but atwar-game.com so yeah afterwind does sound cooler.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.08.2014 - 06:16
Napisano od Tik-Tok, 27.08.2014 at 11:39

Changing the name made no sense to me. As others have said, the name sticks and is far more searchable.

On the otherhand, they have likely invested alot into the brand now so its near impossible to budge,

As a business decision, I have no idea why the name was changed in the first place, even if nuclear weapons were rare.

I agree afterwind #1, i was wondering this too. Nice post guys
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.09.2014 - 23:11
Afterwind sounds better but after reading ivan's post shared by clovis, I have to agree with Ivan, Afterwind stands for nothing in the game, and from an advertising stand point, no one is going to be looking up afterwind anyways. sure it redirects to atwar but other than the players who already know this game, using atwar allows the game to be understood more than afterwind would be, because when was the last time any of us used afterwind in a normal 3v3 or scenario?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.09.2014 - 00:42
If you search "war risk online game" on google, the first result is atwar
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.09.2014 - 16:00
Napisano od Cthulhu, 02.09.2014 at 00:42

If you search "war risk online game" on google, the first result is atwar

Let's use some more common phrases (Using Google, Bing, and Yahoo!):

"risk game online" = Third Result (Google), Eighth Result (Bing), Ninth Result (Yahoo!)
"strategy war game online" = First Result (Google), [Not on first page] (Bing), [No Result on first page] (Yahoo!)
"strategy war online" = Third Result (Google), Seventh Result (Bing), [No Result on first page] (Yahoo!)
"war strategy online" = Third Result (Google), Eighth Result (Bing), [No Result on first page] (Yahoo!)
"strategy risk online" = First Result (Google, Sixth Result (Bing), Sixth Result (Yahoo!)
"risk online" = Seventh Result (Google), Sixth Result (Bing), [No Result on first page] (Yahoo!)
"strategy war game" = Second Result (Google), [No Result on first page] (Bing), [No Result on first page] (Yahoo!)

Based on this data, we can deduct that:

1. "AtWar" is a much more frequent result on Google
2. Both Bing and Yahoo share many results, both nearly always lower in results for AtWar than Google.
3. "AtWar" was only the first result in 9.5% of all searches conducted in all three engines.
4. "AtWar" was only the first result in 28.5% of all searches conducted in Google solely.
5. In both Bing and Yahoo! search engines, AtWar never showed up as the first result in all searches.
6. "AtWar" was in the first five results in 28.5% of all searches conducted in all three search engines.
7, The only time "AtWar" was in the first five results in any search engine was when searches were conducted in Google.
8. In 33.3% of all searches in all three search engines, AtWar was not on the first page of results.

I cannot say whether this is an improvement on Afterwind whatsoever, as data for these searches do not exist. However, I also noticed that AtWar was one of the only recurring titles in every search, so that is definitely a plus. If I had to guess: The name does not pertain, nor stress the subject matter at this point. Was "AtWar" an appropriate and suitable replacement to "Afterwind"? That's debatable, but considering I still see Afterwind banners and images, as well as it's name being plastered all over Youtube, Krautchan, and /int/, I would imagine it's probably the better option in the long run.

Consider this: Brands and Ideas need to be easily recognized. AtWar's name is slightly catchy, and it's logo is recognized by it's large W. Afterwind, on the other hand, has a much more infrequently used term as a name, making it extremely recognizable and comparable, but it's larger flaw was contained within it's near-nonexistent logo design, suffice to say. For a much more lengthy name, as Afterwind possessed, it could've use a much more simplified logo design and recognizable traits, in the long run.

Overall: AtWar seems to be the better choice for the moment. But if the devs ever wish to popularize their game (Which I do not believe they do), their marketing needs to finalize on an image (as I've been stating for years), as well as beginning to socialize with Reviewers, Magazines, Websites, and the likes to achieve a much more massive audience. Not to mention, it also must iron-out and redesign many aspects of the game for HTML5 and general fairness (No, not banlists and nerfs/boosts, but an evolution to Moderation, Strategies, and stagnant and boring gameplay), before it can even think about turning a profit. That's just my two cents.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ