Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 21   Posjećeno od: 116 users
18.03.2015 - 08:20
(No, this is not related to the Tos or expected to happen before HTML)

IMO :

The restriction of build map just for premium users is pretty discouraging for the non premium that "could'be" Mapmakers. Why would they pay for a feature they had never see?

They should'be allowed to use the Map build feature... But for make it more economically reliable, allow them to use only the Basic tools. Rest of the tools would'be very welcome as a protocoins pushable ítem(for hours or number of uses, not premanently).

Thoughs? If this happens which features would be available for free and which ones won't?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.03.2015 - 08:28
Sounds like a good idea. would give some insight for non Prems what building maps is about and if Map makers a justified in there disagreements with the mods and admins. A more open view of the map making community couldn't hurt.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.03.2015 - 08:35
While I see what you are trying to do with this suggestion, I don't think that it would encourage map-making very much. While allowing map-making for non-premium users would definitely do so, having tools be bought for protocoins would be highly discouraging, imo. If this were implemented and I was a new user, I would feel as though it was some kind of attempt to money-grab free users. I would feel like the devs were saying "making this map could be so much easier if you spent money on protocoins and bought the good tools." However, many might not feel this way, so I don't know.

My alternative: Allow free users to be able to build one map with all the tools but with a limited size and amount of countries/cities. This would allow them to see what map-making is like and even make their own little map, but premium would still needed for full-scale map-making. To encourage map-making, I would also suggest bringing back the map-making package so people don't have to buy full premium to make maps.
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.03.2015 - 08:47
Napisano od TheRiddler, 18.03.2015 at 08:35

I guess is debatable. But I do like your suggestion more

But after you've made a map with limited size and other restrictions, it can be that you want to make it complete but without buy premium or subscriptions. Here's where protocoins wouldn't hurt... Would it? I guess is debatable.

The problem with allowing packares is pretty old, but IMO it was a financial decisión... Nothing can be done with allowing MapMaker pack separated
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.03.2015 - 09:54
This is really the admin's call.

Is the revenue the admins derive from players buying premium to make maps greater? Or is the revenue the admins derive from players custom maps attract and retain greater?

The admin's have access to the game's finances. I don't. If the admins think that the current arrangement is best for the game, I am inclined to trust them.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
19.03.2015 - 07:38
 brianwl (Admin)

While I see what you are trying to do with this suggestion, I don't think that it would encourage map-making very much. While allowing map-making for non-premium users would definitely do so, having tools be bought for protocoins would be highly discouraging, imo. If this were implemented and I was a new user, I would feel as though it was some kind of attempt to money-grab free users. I would feel like the devs were saying "making this map could be so much easier if you spent money on protocoins and bought the good tools." However, many might not feel this way, so I don't know.

My alternative: Allow free users to be able to build one map with all the tools but with a limited size and amount of countries/cities. This would allow them to see what map-making is like and even make their own little map, but premium would still needed for full-scale map-making. To encourage map-making, I would also suggest bringing back the map-making package so people don't have to buy full premium to make maps.

This suggestion has the added bonus of non-premiums making a single quality map, rather than a dozen 'so-so' maps. If they were into map making, they'd continue to enhance their map until they made the decision to go premium.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
19.03.2015 - 07:56
It is my understanding that in the old days, before I signed up, non-premium players were entitled to one map, with no restrictions.

I don't know where everyone else's interests lie, but I'd personally love it if that was restored.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.03.2015 - 00:53

Maybe Instead Allowing players to Do Great Sizes Maps and With lost of Cities..

But you Can only do a certain quantity of maps, If you want to create more than for example 1 or 3 (The limit of maps created by a free User) You would have to Pay.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.03.2015 - 07:47
Slifer
Račun izbrisan
Napisano od clovis1122, 18.03.2015 at 08:20

IMO :

The restriction of build map just for premium users is pretty discouraging for the non premium that "could'be" Mapmakers. Why would they pay for a feature they had never see?

They should'be allowed to use the Map build feature... But for make it more economically reliable, allow them to use only the Basic tools. Rest of the tools would'be very welcome as a protocoins pushable ítem(for hours or number of uses, not premanently).

Thoughs? If this happens which features would be available for free and which ones won't?

they will make rp maps xaxa
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.06.2015 - 20:43

My alternative: Allow free users to be able to build one map with all the tools but with a limited size and amount of countries/cities.

Agree with the rest of your argument and support, but here I would rather say "allow free users to have 1 map..." which means they can work permanently on a map (limited version you well define) but can only have 1, having to delete the previous one to be able to do a new one.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.06.2015 - 21:24
Napisano od Columna Durruti, 03.06.2015 at 20:43

My alternative: Allow free users to be able to build one map with all the tools but with a limited size and amount of countries/cities.

Agree with the rest of your argument and support, but here I would her say "allow free users to have 1 map..." which means they can work permanently on a map (limited version you well define) but can only have 1, having to delete the previous one to be able to do a new one.

With all this being said, if a non premium user were to have this ability they should also have the ability to host their own map that they have created. So if that is not implemented into this idea then the map is useless unless A) give permission to premiums (which i do not encourage as a certain group will control it more then the map maker) and B) Buy premium thus making this idea useless in the first place.

So if non premiums get to make one good map let them host it too!
----
I'll haunt you, Don't tempt me!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.06.2015 - 06:01

IMO :

They should fix the map maker in the first place, its highly constrictive for premium users anyway, If the mapmaker was first improved upon by the Admins, then good quality maps would be able to come about from already existing premium members & to the others with the idea for a single map for non premiums, how would you implement this for premium members who have maps, but then lost their premium?
----

Soni Gets All The Hot Chicks :^)
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.06.2015 - 07:30
Napisano od Morgan The Brit, 05.06.2015 at 06:01

They should fix the map maker in the first place, its highly constrictive for premium users anyway, If the mapmaker was first improved upon by the Admins, then good quality maps would be able to come about from already existing premium members...

Agree, but when it comes to coding It is easier to implement this suggestion than to improve the MapMaking tools.

Napisano od Morgan The Brit, 05.06.2015 at 06:01

& to the others with the idea for a single map for non premiums, how would you implement this for premium members who have maps, but then lost their premium?

Napisano od Columna Durruti, 03.06.2015 at 20:43

Yes I also like to ask, if we implement that suggestion, would the rest of the features that premium users have wort the almost $4 dollars you require for MapMaker tools?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
16.10.2015 - 00:16
BUMP
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
16.10.2015 - 05:43
Id prefer quality over quantity any day. I also believe maps should be approved by a mod before being released for anyone to play simply for quality assurance reasons.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
16.10.2015 - 07:36

IMO :

Map Making should be completely free, it can only benefit this game
----
It's scary how many possible genocidal war lords play this game, and i could be one of them
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
17.10.2015 - 06:24
Columna's idea of giving the user the freedom to make make a single map/scenario with 100% of the tools seems to be the best atm... If they want to make more maps, they need to go premium.

It can be some slots, that can be also bought by protocoins too...
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.01.2016 - 20:39
Bump
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.01.2016 - 03:47
Why not encourage by promoting protocoins for mapmaking once published it needs 10 upvotes to gain pc (similar to royalties on books) every 10 the player gains 10
----
Deutsch überwältigt

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.01.2016 - 10:37
Dude how can they only use basic tools when there are only like 5 tools in the mapmaker?
A more reasonable solution would be that anyone could make a map, but only premiums can save or publish it.
----
Someone Better Than You
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.01.2016 - 11:07
1. Erase the bullshit beetween mapmakers (some guys only bitch on your maps/scenarios instead helping you to make it better)
2. Purgue RP. Seriously RP games demotivate to make new maps/scenarios, For example, one random day u want to test a scenario and some guys appears in global and spam "hey guys new modern rp up bla bla" and all or most of the players leave to play that thing.
3. I agree with the old idea or have some guys teaching others to play maps/scenarios different to the basic map.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ