Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 28   Posjećeno od: 853 users
30.10.2011 - 12:28
Negotiation. Negotiating with the enemy can save your ass, get you money, even manipulate their thought. Say you join russia volga, but someone joins ural and plans to destroy you with his many more units. What you do- tell him his flaws. Say things like "Joining in Ural was a bad idea, youll be wasting time and money killing me when you could be expanding". If you say it right and at the right time- youll have a good chance of making him think that and him leaving and maybe rejoining somewhere else or just not even coming back. Different kinds of wording's and emotions can be added for desired effect's- put a little sad face at the end of a sentence for them to feel sympathy or laugh depending on the player, say something in their native language for them to like you or hate you etc etc, negotiating and wording in general are great skills for the game and can do amazing things.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.10.2011 - 16:50
I still wouldn't ally someone or leave the game if anyone did this, in fact I always like to prove people wrong by beating them with the country that was a bad idea.
----
Napisano od Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Napisano od tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.10.2011 - 17:01
 YOBA
Napisano od Fruit, 30.10.2011 at 16:50

I still wouldn't ally someone or leave the game if anyone did this, in fact I always like to prove people wrong by beating them with the country that was a bad idea.

The whole point is, it can have been a very good idea and you're in the shit... it never hurts to lie to save your skinny ass!
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.10.2011 - 09:27
I don't like to lie........... So what I is what everyone should do. AKA: sneak like 50 marines to his/her cap (if you can) and own them when least expected, or maybe when they attack you with a bunch of units likely leaving their cap undefended. It works I can promise that. Just try not to use GW all the time you use it.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.10.2011 - 20:48
I second this. Negotiation is probably the best and most usefull skill in afterwind. When you only bring hate into a game, the people might fear you and do what you want, but they'll never really repsect you. When you talk to them, they might do the things that you want, just because they like to help you.

Of course there're always some idiots and trolls, but most of the people are ready to talk about things, when you ask them.
Also: Having a high rank helps a lot to underpin your arguments, but "With great power comes great responsibility"
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.11.2011 - 03:14
I tend to not talk at all in games and still do amazing things. Must be because I focus on the game instead of talking shit.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.11.2011 - 03:35
Napisano od learster, 01.11.2011 at 03:14

amazing things

not to be rude or anything, but I've played with you a few times and I have yet to see this. (even in CWs where you should be doing your best).
----
Napisano od Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Napisano od tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.11.2011 - 03:47
Be rude if you like to and tell me I'm average at best, I could not care less. I know what I can do, what not, and that I'm here for fun. And because of the latter you don't have to take everything I say seriously.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.11.2011 - 12:26
Napisano od learster, 01.11.2011 at 03:14

I tend to not talk at all in games and still do amazing things. Must be because I focus on the game instead of talking shit.

I was talking about the difference between "Macht" and "Herrschaft". Not "Scheiße". You definitely have "Macht", because of your rank and experience, but a more unexpierenced player could kick the shit out of you, if he gets all the people to ally against you early in the game. Just through the power of his words.
Afterwind isn't always that complex, but sometimes you see people doing irrational things, because they followed the orders of an other player.
Also: Reading Weber, Machiavelli and Sun Tzu and use it afterwind is not the worst thing you could do
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.11.2011 - 12:36
You have to be able to work a mouse.

Kaptain, upon purchasing Guerrilla Warfare I promptly bought Che Guevara's book of the same name and read it, thinking it would be a great help to me in using the strategy. Once I actually played with GW, I discovered there was actually no similarity between real-life guerrilla warfare and Guerrilla Warfare in Afterwind. Hence, reading military theory for Afterwind can easily be a waste of time (though the three principles of guerrilla warfare are fantastic to debate).
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.11.2011 - 20:32
No Gard... just no.
Bad Gard... very bad.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.11.2011 - 20:34
Napisano od Tik-Tok, 06.11.2011 at 20:32

No Gard... just no.
Bad Gard... very bad.

Why?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
17.12.2011 - 17:21
'I tend to not talk at all in games and still do amazing things. Must be because I focus on the game instead of talking shit.'

Not everyone is as good as you learster.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.12.2011 - 04:54
Or just get GW and rape anyone who joins next to you lol
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2012 - 09:55
Idk about MOST important, but I do think it is a critical skill. For instance, in the last game I played, I convinced my two allies to stop fighting each other in Central America and ally, and with a united North America we crushed South America. If I had said nothing, I may not have won.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.04.2012 - 05:30
Discussion and negotiation can also be vital toward the mid/end point of a game when people have large ammounts of SP and any attacks on large empires are likely to lead to large scale warfare and loss of life. By pointing out that an alliance may actually end a game and EVERYONE gets to keep their SP for further upgrades you can start to get people to use chat in future games and increase the stratigic dimention.

That said, you need time for negotiation so probably best for casual games?

(sorry for the bad spolling)
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.04.2012 - 06:07
The problem with casual is that nobody ever talks, so negotiating is kinda hard.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.04.2012 - 00:14
Napisano od thekillergame1, 06.04.2012 at 06:07

The problem with casual is that nobody ever talks, so negotiating is kinda hard.

People always talk to me, but I turn them ally requests down most of the time.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.04.2012 - 02:49
Napisano od Deray YG, 08.04.2012 at 00:14

Napisano od thekillergame1, 06.04.2012 at 06:07

People always talk to me, but I turn them ally requests down most of the time.

I always get ignored in casual
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
13.04.2012 - 22:47
Napisano od DarlonKeis, 06.04.2012 at 05:30

Discussion and negotiation can also be vital toward the mid/end point of a game when people have large ammounts of SP and any attacks on large empires are likely to lead to large scale warfare and loss of life. By pointing out that an alliance may actually end a game and EVERYONE gets to keep their SP for further upgrades you can start to get people to use chat in future games and increase the stratigic dimention.

That said, you need time for negotiation so probably best for casual games?

(sorry for the bad spolling)

Yeah but then you have people (avatar) who will spawn away from the action and tire everyone out by sitting their silent for 6 hours.
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
16.04.2012 - 17:36
Napisano od Jim Jimmies, 13.04.2012 at 22:47

Yeah but then you have people (avatar) who will spawn away from the action and tire everyone out by sitting their silent for 6 hours.

Ever consider he was preparing to stealth you guys? I do this a lot, but I also expand to make it less obvious.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.03.2013 - 02:33
gloablseo
Račun izbrisan
The best way is to prove himself to play game and win. if you have patience then you can do it. I am mostly play game on vinashi and win. My favorite game is war game online, strategy browser game, multiplayer strategy game.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.03.2013 - 12:22
Dieeee western infidels!!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.03.2013 - 16:20
Being able to maintain a steady connection to the internet is the most important skill to have imo. You lose your internet connection, you lose the game.
----
He always runs while others walk. He acts while other men just talk. He looks at this world and wants it all. So he strikes like Thunderball.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
24.03.2013 - 19:31
When I play the game of negotiation and diplomacy i keep these things in mind:
A: Noob players are afraid of the highranks, if u play this right u can have several allies to keep your true opponets occupied while u build up or expand.
B: Don't trust everyone u ally, ESPECIALY high ranks, some will back-stab-stealth u.
C: Having at least one true ally is key to winning games, not everyone is a tophats who can win with Iceland all by himself. I always try to have a strong ally in america, europe ,and China.
D: COMMUNICATION IS VITAL to any game. Using your word may be the key between an ally and a back- stabber fearing guy who may sell u out to your enemies in fear of u.
E: If confronted by a uona (Union Of Noobs Alliance) know this, they are easily discouraged and not that bright, if u knock out a couple they will fall apart and leave or beg for mercy.
F: The location of your empire is key to maintaining allies, it is no use to have 50 cities and 20 countries in africa, If u can woe your allies with your incredible whealth and army they will stick to u no matter what.
----
ALL is fair in love and war. SO GET USED TO IT!
You opinion is not recognized as being valid.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.03.2013 - 18:50
Negotiation is a very good way to go. I was in a Europe map up against a rank 10 and I convinced him to leave! However afterwards I did feel sorry... However, if you are a low ranked player in a high ranked world, go for speech rather than pure skill. The pen is mightier than the sword if you use the pen correctly. Wars can be lost or won by how well you can sweet-talk your opponent. I believe having allies is one of the biggest advantages you can have. If you are a lone wolf and don't talk, you are either really good or you are not able to comprehend that alliances and negotiation win more battles than just roughing it (however Top Hats and other top players are exceptions).
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.03.2013 - 19:46
Napisano od LordEdwardthe5th, 24.03.2013 at 19:31

When I play the game of negotiation and diplomacy i keep these things in mind:
A: Noob players are afraid of the highranks, if u play this right u can have several allies to keep your true opponets occupied while u build up or expand.
B: Don't trust everyone u ally, ESPECIALY high ranks, some will back-stab-stealth u.
C: Having at least one true ally is key to winning games, not everyone is a tophats who can win with Iceland all by himself. I always try to have a strong ally in america, europe ,and China.
D: COMMUNICATION IS VITAL to any game. Using your word may be the key between an ally and a back- stabber fearing guy who may sell u out to your enemies in fear of u.
E: If confronted by a uona (Union Of Noobs Alliance) know this, they are easily discouraged and not that bright, if u knock out a couple they will fall apart and leave or beg for mercy.
F: The location of your empire is key to maintaining allies, it is no use to have 50 cities and 20 countries in africa, If u can woe your allies with your incredible whealth and army they will stick to u no matter what.

Stop reading when you say: "have several allies to keep your true opponent busy"

Best skill ever: last man standing.
----
Nothing to impede progress. If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
10.04.2013 - 17:33
Ascended God
Račun izbrisan
Napisano od Thunderballs, 23.03.2013 at 16:20

Being able to maintain a steady connection to the internet is the most important skill to have imo. You lose your internet connection, you lose the game.

hahaha this is true ^
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ