Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 41   Posjećeno od: 137 users

Orginalna objava

Objavljeno od Houdini, 14.11.2011 - 19:56
As stated in the sticky, the rules are as follows:

1. Be polite to other players (this includes no insults, racist remarks, or other forms of harassment)
2. Use English only (other languages may be used in private or clan chat, and in private, password protected games)
3. Do not spam in chat or forum (including flagrantly off topic posts)
4. Do not farm, or exploit bugs (please report bugs using the in game feature or send a PM)

I just today found these rules after months of playing afterwind, and almost a week of going on the forum. It took me 10 minutes to give up and ask someone if there was even a rule statement and get linked to the sticky. I believe that there should be a "Rules" tab right next to the FAQ, or within the FAQ since "what are the rules?" is probably a frequently asked question. Putting it as a forum topic isn't the best place for visibility and is often overlooked by new players.

On top of the visibility issue, I was very surprised at how few and vague these rules are.

Politeness is in the eye of the beholder, not an objective enforceable concept. Some people think it's harassment to join a game they're in and fight them. Some people get offended at being private messaged more than once, or having their nation of origin talked about. The concept of being polite to other players is a great idea to base rules upon. But it is not a good rule by itself and is much too vague. Insults and racist remarks are rightfully and clearly stated to be against the rules, which is good. But, "Other forms of harassment" leaves a huge gray area which I believe should be defined.

The spam rule is also vague and I believe abused by mods. I have seen multiple mods in room chat completely shut down conversation in the name of spam. Even though no single person was spamming, together the chat was moving very fast and was considered spam at the time. I noticed there is no specific rule stating the uses of each game chat, while many mods like to dictate this. It does not say anywhere except for from the mods mouth (if they will even make a statement) that "global should only be used for advertising games" or "this isn't what room chat is for, take it to a game". The only justification for these statements I can find is the gray area of rule 3. This rule tries to cover way too many areas with a simple statement leaving enforcement completely up to what a moderator considers "spam", which can greatly differ between moderators.

These are the problems I see with the current set of rules. This topic is for the discussion by the players of this game about improvement and additions to the current set of rules. Please post with any suggestions for modification, addition or subtraction of rules.
02.12.2011 - 19:06
Napisano od Sificvoid, 02.12.2011 at 17:22

Guys, we previously had a problem with having to argue with every disciplinary action whether or not it was 'in the rules'. This clause simply removes that problem. I can assure you that in the event that there is some abuse of the rules by moderators it will be handled appropriately. These rules are not up for debate, they are final. Even moderators do not decide what the rules are. All of these rules have been approved by admin. If you think that a moderator has been unfair, you can always pm another moderator or admin and staff will discuss the action in question.

I don't see how debating over whether a disciplinary action was right or not is a problem. Maybe the volume could be a problem if there weren't enough moderators to deal with all of the work. But I believe appeals are a necessary function to moderation and administration of a player community. Everyone will just view the administration negatively if they're not allowed to at least voice their opinion on why they don't agree.
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2011 - 19:29
Napisano od Pinheiro, 02.12.2011 at 10:15

Napisano od Psychostick, 02.12.2011 at 09:56

Lol. just lol. Already suggested this sort of thing a long time ago, mods don't care. then again, neither do the admins. just sayin.

It's interesting that you say that when the rules were just recently changed. By the, you should just check the new version of it here.

Hey pin check the dates: this thread was made before the changes, and I was responding to what was the old rules. Good try, though.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 05:29
With the previous rules, we kept some things open for discussion, so players where trying to find 'gaps' in it that they could abuse. I don't see any reason why you could not agree with the current rules. Rules like this can be found on many other simulair games and forums and don't even seem to be a discission worthy there. The problem is; The players that get banned or muted, will not agree with it 95% of the times. But i can promise you that if you are just a friendly player, you will never ever have troubles with any mod or admin.

Before i was mod, i was never muted, banned or even warned by any mod. And did i care about the rules? No, i didn't even read them. Also all my other coalition mates did never had any trouble with a mod. How come? Mods like BM? No, we just stay friendly. How hard can it be? If you are a friendly player, you don't even have to read this rules and don't have to be afraid to get muted or banned. These rules are very standard and only asking you to be friendly.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 07:01
Napisano od Hugosch, 03.12.2011 at 05:29
How hard can it be? If you are a friendly player, you don't even have to read this rules and don't have to be afraid to get muted or banned. These rules are very standard and only asking you to be friendly.

The new rules are like a legal document and, in my opinion, go far too deep into specifics and minor instructions to be a request for friendliness as is described in the quotation.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 07:22
Napisano od Aristosseur, 02.12.2011 at 15:44
must be covering for the last 3 bans by pinheiro which got annulled (Fruit and VAGlNEER same day, VAGlNEER some days later).

The new rules were proposed, discussed and approved before any of these incidents. Also, the punishments weren't annulled at all, but I won't discuss especific situations over a general discussion about the rules.
Napisano od Psychostick, 02.12.2011 at 19:29
Hey pin check the dates: this thread was made before the changes, and I was responding to what was the old rules. Good try, though.

I know this thread was made before the changes on the rules, but that's exactly what I'm trying to tell you: the rules were changed, and the devs and mods care about it.
Before i was mod, i was never muted, banned or even warned by any mod. And did i care about the rules? No, i didn't even read them. Also all my other coalition mates did never had any trouble with a mod. How come? Mods like BM? No, we just stay friendly. How hard can it be? If you are a friendly player, you don't even have to read this rules and don't have to be afraid to get muted or banned. These rules are very standard and only asking you to be friendly.

This.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 07:29
High Emperor
Račun izbrisan
Why you care if you don't do it anyway?

If you don't do it, it's best to stick out of stuff that's not got anything to do with you. I understand that there are some things that need fixing, but if its not happening to you then don't worry.

If the Mod or Mods ban you or whatever for a reason and you don't think that you were rightly deserved to get banned then there's a place to do it and I would personally talk to the mod myself, even though I wouldn't know because I haven't been banned. A private conservation with the Mod about what happened will always go down the right route.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 07:42
Napisano od Guest, 03.12.2011 at 07:29

A private conservation with the Mod about what happened will always go down the right route.

no not usually

also as a side note I believe hugosch was warned once for CP farming (the cws with bt2 after it was made a rule you can't fight 2nd coalition.), unless they never warned him.
----
Napisano od Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Napisano od tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 07:43
A private conservation with the Mod about what happened will always go down the right route.

I wish it was that way, but most of the times, the complains aren't a discussion about the player's acts, but more like a way of finding gaps in the rules to "counter" the punishment.

If you are a person who uses the common sense you won't (as I think you never) have problems with punishments, neither you will have to keep on memorizing the rules or anything like that. The new rules won't affect normal players gameplay in any way.

For those who can't use it, we now have more specific rules, to avoid having complaints about obviously bad behavior that weren't specified on the rules before.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 07:51
High Emperor
Račun izbrisan
Napisano od Fruit, 03.12.2011 at 07:42

no not usually

also as a side note I believe hugosch was warned once for CP farming (the cws with bt2 after it was made a rule you can't fight 2nd coalition.), unless they never warned him.

I said "Good" Conversation... The Word "Good" is a strong word
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 09:14
Napisano od Fruit, 03.12.2011 at 07:42

After other coalitions where CP farming, the mods send me a message that i was no longer able to play against BM2 to keep it fair for all coalitions. It was not warning, just a message with information/request. At the time we played against BM2, there where no certain rules about it. And even though i felt i did not CP farmed, i accepted the message and never played against BM2 again. For your information: I even proposed to give the CP back, that we have gained from BM2.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.12.2011 - 13:42
Napisano od ncmbad, 03.12.2011 at 07:01

How hard can it be? If you are a friendly player, you don't even have to read this rules and don't have to be afraid to get muted or banned. These rules are very standard and only asking you to be friendly.

The new rules are like a legal document and, in my opinion, go far too deep into specifics and minor instructions to be a request for friendliness as is described in the quotation.

I'm a lawyer and I agree. However, as others have mentioned, it was popular for some players to try and exploit the simplicity of the earlier rules; thus the change.

Personally, I'm going to continue modding as I always have, and I assume (but don't speak for) the others will as well.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ