Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 14   Posjećeno od: 141 users
16.01.2016 - 14:52

Key Details:

Main Review:

Today I would like to introduce all atWar players to a map based on the popular game 'Warhammer', the name of this map is 'Warhammer 40.000: War for Vanity' and was created by Pyrrhus. First of all, the map itself it in the form of a planet and a moon, a clone of one of the planets featured in the Warhammer franchise. The scenario consists of four teams, each subsequently consisting of two players (2v2v2v2 situation).The four teams include; Imperium of Man (Space Marines and Imperial Guard), Tau-Eldar Alliance (Eldar and Tau), Ork WAAAGH! (Orks) and Chaos Space Marines. The game is usually hosted without strategies, all three main types of units (Air, Naval and Land) are present, although it is only intended to include Air and Land units. The map features space ports and orbital space stations from which a player can launch orbital bombardment (which spawn every 2 turns from space stations) can also buy cruisers (air units marked as naval units). Each player is in range of at least one space station, and all 8 are spread equally apart, so it is possible for every player to have access to air support. This map also features geographical land formations such as canyons, mountains and deserts (these are neutral and cannot be captured). Canyons and mountains cannot be passed though ,but units can pass through deserts.

Moving on, game-play wise, this map is very unique in the way that player can interact with units on multiple battle fronts. Games usually last 20-30 turns and the turn time is usually set to 5 minutes. The dominant team is the Imperium of Man, creating a pull factor for players when selecting their team as it has the biggest area of land and has mid-tier units, however, the Imperial Guard heavily relies on strength in numbers and has very little power early game. The Imperium of Man also usually runs in to money problems early game, meaning it takes a relatively skilled player to play Imperial Guard, it is the Space Marines that ensure the victory. The least sought after team is the Ork WAAAGH! team, due to their lack of powerful units and area of land. The Tau-Eldar Alliance and the Chaos Space Marines are similar in area and power, so they rank very similar. While players are intended to fight every other team, the minority teams usually ignore each other and focus on the Imperium of Man. If the Imperium of Man falls, then these teams will often turn on each other in a bid to win the game. Another factor that makes the game-play fun is that players are pressured and have to act fast when fighting on multiple fronts, meaning such games can develop into interesting scenarios. This allows for fun, fast paced game-play without compromising strategy.

Furthermore, there is an abundance of custom units on this map, each unit being unique to the team/ player. Types of units include Cruisers (Air units) Ground units and the standard defensive/ attacking units. Units such as fortifications are unique, as they are pre-set and have a 1/200 attack to defense ratio (they mainly spawn in capitals). There are also stealth units such as chaos space marines, and web-ways which provide long range transportation, However, seen as players are not given the option to pick strategies, they cannot be used in conjunction with strategies such as Master of Stealth. Most units are very exaggerated, having up to ~20 attack and up to ~200 defense. This contributes to some interesting game-play and unit stack mechanics. I personally quite enjoy this map, due to it's contrasting style of game-play and the strategy behind the different teams. All in all, while having some faults such as the dominant team Imperium of Man, this map is very interesting and fun to play, while aimed at fans of Warhammer, anyone can quickly learn how to play this map/ scenario.

Here are some in-game screenshots:

Here is a sample of a few of the many units included with this scenario:

The 4 types of naval units:

Here is a link to an album of all units in this map: http://imgur.com/a/61rW0

This review has also been posted to the atWar Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/atWarGame/posts/219290905078583

Str4t0S
----

Please support the gloryhole foundation. https://gloryholefoundation.com/
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
16.01.2016 - 17:40
Good job
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.01.2016 - 13:25
Napisano od Tundy, 16.01.2016 at 17:40

Good job

Thanks mate!
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.01.2016 - 14:35
I'm positively impressed, cool job!! Not sure whether I love more the map or your review hehe
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
18.01.2016 - 15:12
Napisano od RaulPB, 18.01.2016 at 14:35

I'm positively impressed, cool job!! Not sure whether I love more the map or your review hehe

Haha, thanks mate! Your reviews look great too! Good luck in the comp
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
19.01.2016 - 06:36
Wow good review. makes me like this map i have never played it
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
19.01.2016 - 10:59
Napisano od Gillieo, 19.01.2016 at 06:36

Wow good review. makes me like this map i have never played it

Now you might understand what a review looks like hehe
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.01.2016 - 15:22
Napisano od Strat0S_, 18.01.2016 at 15:12

No need to wish me luck cause I was somewhat part of the judging process, I didn't wanna win anyway!
I also thought your was the best so happy birthday and gj mate!!
----
We're all people.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.01.2016 - 15:39
Napisano od RaulPB, 21.01.2016 at 15:22

Napisano od Strat0S_, 18.01.2016 at 15:12

No need to wish me luck cause I was somewhat part of the judging process, I didn't wanna win anyway!
I also thought your was the best so happy birthday and gj mate!!

Thanks lol, I actually thought you would win with your dreamland review lol
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.01.2016 - 16:20
Napisano od Strat0S_, 21.01.2016 at 15:39

I personally don't know if it is better or not and didn't even think of comparing them since I didn't want to compete for the prize. Anyway, even if I had won I would have given you the premuim, you deserve it, made me wanna play this map haha
----
We're all people.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
21.01.2016 - 16:34
Napisano od RaulPB, 21.01.2016 at 16:20

Napisano od Strat0S_, 21.01.2016 at 15:39

I personally don't know if it is better or not and didn't even think of comparing them since I didn't want to compete for the prize. Anyway, even if I had won I would have given you the premuim, you deserve it, made me wanna play this map haha

Give it a whirl! Add me and we can play some time
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.04.2016 - 15:45
Now this is what i call Planetary Map.
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
24.04.2016 - 00:35
Amazing map! Perhaps you might want to submit it in the official map making contest being held later this year.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.05.2016 - 12:45
Napisano od Meester, 24.04.2016 at 00:35

Amazing map! Perhaps you might want to submit it in the official map making contest being held later this year.

Well, it's up to Pyrrhus really, seen as he's the creator, but for now, I'm making a map of my own :^)
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ