Anketa

Do you agree with it?

Yes, Less bourden for taxpayers
No, More punishment for them to serve
No

Ukupno glasova: 30
01.12.2018 - 19:40
Whats your view?
To me, death, afterlife or not is a form of freedom, i dont what criminals to be "free" i want them to rot.
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.12.2018 - 20:17
I guess the death penalty is fine if the crime fits the bill
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.12.2018 - 20:45
 Witch-Doctor (Moderator)
I prefer life without a chance for parole. Death is the easy way out, you want them to face their punishment for the rest of their life. They'll probably kill themselves in prison anyways.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 05:58
I want public execution by guilliotine to return.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 09:33
No need for death penalty but definately add torture. Add torture and you will see how all these tough, bad-asses become kittens and how fast crime will drop.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:06
 brianwl (Admin)
Murder is murder... if the state does it, it is undeniably first degree. I can't support eye for eye - noble leaders must lead by example.

Personally, i support banishment (like a penal colony, but unstaffed). Put all the murderers on an island in northern Canada. Put all rapists on another island.. give them a sleeping bag, a tent and maybe a weeks worth of rations. Then let them deal with themselves - relieve the tax payers of the cost but they get to live with people like them. If they survive, great, let them build their murderous/rapist society. If not, it's nature taking it's nature taking it's course.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:18
Napisano od brianwl, 02.12.2018 at 10:06

Murder is murder... if the state does it, it is undeniably first degree. I can't support eye for eye - noble leaders must lead by example.

Personally, i support banishment (like a penal colony, but unstaffed). Put all the murderers on an island in northern Canada. Put all rapists on another island.. give them a sleeping bag, a tent and maybe a weeks worth of rations. Then let them deal with themselves - relieve the tax payers of the cost but they get to live with people like them. If they survive, great, let them build their murderous/rapist society. If not, it's nature taking it's nature taking it's course.

...Literally Australia.
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:20

I get your point, but its so wrong on so many things.

I do not support eye for an eye either, but putting murderers, criminals and w.e unstaffed and unmaintained on all different islands is problematic in so many ways. To start off with the most obvious, they can easily be transported/helped escape by their cartels/connections, you name it and the threat they will become to the people who live nearby them. In the future there also won't be enough space for them.

If you look at the system we have now with prisons, it is in my opinion the best, socialy accepted and economicly, way to maintain criminals. It supports jobs for people, it doesn't let murderers/ rapists/criminals out in the open and in my opinion its the least inhumane option. Its retribution and prevention in an humane way.
----

Napisano od Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:21
Napisano od Khal.eesi, 02.12.2018 at 09:33

No need for death penalty but definately add torture. Add torture and you will see how all these tough, bad-asses become kittens and how fast crime will drop.

----

Waffel for mod 2015
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:29
 brianwl (Admin)
Napisano od Waffel, 02.12.2018 at 10:20

... , but putting murderers, criminals and w.e unstaffed and unmaintained on all different islands is problematic in so many ways. To start off with the most obvious, they can easily be transported/helped escape by their cartels/connections, you name it and the threat they will become to the people who live nearby them. ...

Radar and satellite tech already make it near impossible for a 'rescue' not being noticed in Canada's north. If they have no way to communicate with their 'rescuers' (thoroughly 'probed' to make sure they aren't taking any hidden devices) it would be difficult to coordinate. Once there, if a rescue boat did manage to evade radar and satellite imaging in Canada's north, everyone on the island would rush that boat, making it unlikely a single extraction would be possible.

You are correct that the present system creates jobs. That, ironically, is a problem in my view, as there is a financial incentive for incarcerating innocents. The number of people being arrested and imprisoned for non-violent crimes is ridiculous in Canada and US. Nearly 1% of the population in US (2.2 million) is incarcerated, but only 15-20% of those are for violent crimes. Prisons and the bonds underwritten for each inmate are huge revenue generators, and that is an issue in my view, as it provides financial incentive to convict innocents, and to avoid crime prevention.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:33
Napisano od brianwl, 02.12.2018 at 10:29

... , but putting murderers, criminals and w.e unstaffed and unmaintained on all different islands is problematic in so many ways. To start off with the most obvious, they can easily be transported/helped escape by their cartels/connections, you name it and the threat they will become to the people who live nearby them. ...

Radar and satellite tech already make it near impossible for a 'rescue' not being noticed in Canada's north. If they have no way to communicate with their 'rescuers' (thoroughly 'probed' to make sure they aren't taking any hidden devices) it would be difficult to coordinate. Once there, if a rescue boat did manage to evade radar and satellite imaging in Canada's north, everyone on the island would rush that boat, making it unlikely a single extraction would be possible.

Sure even if its impossible due to the radar, what makes you think the criminals themself won't be able to make some sort of woodenboat or w/e to get off that island unnoticed. Tbh I am pretty sure that there are numerous of ways to get unnoticed by the radars, ofcourse I am no expert on that field, but I think its a bit naive to think that putting criminals on islands will solve the problem.
----

Waffel for mod 2015
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 10:39
 brianwl (Admin)
Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 02.12.2018 at 10:18

...Literally Australia.

Exactly - i saw nothing wrong with that experiment.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 11:34
Napisano od brianwl, 02.12.2018 at 10:39

Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 02.12.2018 at 10:18

...Literally Australia.

Exactly - i saw nothing wrong with that experiment.

We can't just give criminals land. That's inane
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 11:49
 Acquiesce (Moderator)
If it's a truly horrible crime, yes. But none of that lethal injection shit. Firing squad.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
02.12.2018 - 12:08
Punishment from the authority is horrible thing with unpredicted results that is only necessary as last option. I do not deny the fact that western justice systems are effective at creating order and charging many if not most criminals but they are still not accruate enough to charge punishment of so high toll as death. I know it provides advantages but death pentalies on the table to anyone who might become victim of negligence or higher pressure just does'nt worth it. Death pentalties would also change the psychological balance between the citizen and the authority and I suspect might shackle man ability to think independently as we can see in less cilivised cultures.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.12.2018 - 01:42

I get your point, but its so wrong on so many things.

I do not support eye for an eye either, but putting murderers, criminals and w.e unstaffed and unmaintained on all different islands is problematic in so many ways. To start off with the most obvious, they can easily be transported/helped escape by their cartels/connections, you name it and the threat they will become to the people who live nearby them. In the future there also won't be enough space for them.

If you look at the system we have now with prisons, it is in my opinion the best, socialy accepted and economicly, way to maintain criminals. It supports jobs for people, it doesn't let murderers/ rapists/criminals out in the open and in my opinion its the least inhumane option. Its retribution and prevention in an humane way.

But it is an expensive option. If I remember correctly, there are more than 2 million prisoners in the United States. It is a burden for taxpayers. Still, I agree with you and with the prison system, especially if we consider people can be sent out to prison due to political reasons in many countries and it is a risk.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.12.2018 - 02:53
Napisano od Witch-Doctor, 01.12.2018 at 20:45

I prefer life without a chance for parole. Death is the easy way out, you want them to face their punishment for the rest of their life. They'll probably kill themselves in prison anyways.

Yea, spend millions to keep them suffering. GENIUS.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ