Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 54   Posjećeno od: 348 users

Orginalna objava

Objavljeno od Dave, 27.12.2018 - 05:04
I get a lot of PMs from people asking me to un-mute them, un-ban them or otherwise reverse a moderator's decision. When I reply and basically say "no", people often get mad and go spread lies about it in chat. So to be clear, let me spell out how this is going to work from now on, and I'm doing this here in the forum for all to see.

- Moderators are the law here, so show some respect. If you do this one thing, it will avoid most problems already.

- Don't come to me (or any admin) asking to be un-muted or un-banned. If you have an issue with a moderators decision, go to another moderator. We have lots of moderators now, so take your pick. If you can't get any moderator to agree with you, then guess what, you probably deserved the mute/ban/whatever it is you got!

- Moderators will be held accountable too. If a moderator is truly abusing their power, then put together your evidence and present your case to me. If you write a thoughtful message, I will consider it. But if you just send me a 1-line PM saying "that mod is corrupt", or you've got a long history of misbehaving yourself, I'm not going to take you seriously.

- Also, don't come to me (or any admin) every time someone says something offensive around here. I'm not going to get involved in every dispute, that's what the moderator team is for. You should only come to me as a last resort, after you've already gone through our established reporting process. I am not a shortcut to getting what you want. (In fact, if you irritate me, I'll ban you myself, so keep that in mind. My patience is much less than the moderators.)

- The current mod team has my complete confidence. I have been watching closely and since I came on board, what I see is a team that works well together and applies the rules fairly. Of course players who are punished get mad and like to spread rumors around... I've seen it first hand. For example a player gets caught hacking... A big violation of the rules. The mod team discusses what the appropriate action would be, a consensus is reached, and then let's say a ban is applied. Whichever mod clicks the ban button has his/her name attached to it, even though it was a group decision. But the player will go around chat saying they were banned by (whichever mod) "for no reason". And everybody jumps on the (whichever mod) is "corrupt" bandwagon. That's BS, and we all know it. (And that's why forum posts complaining about mods get archived... We're not going to sit around and watch you pollute the community with stuff we know to be lies.)

- Again, if you show respect and follow the rules, I'm happy to listen to anything you have to say. If you spend 2 seconds sending me a PM with no punctuation or capital letters, don't be surprised when you don't get a reply. But if you make your case in a thoughtful way, I will. In English there is a proverb, "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar." In other words, if you want me to get involved in something, show me that you can behave with respect, that you can follow proper procedures with reporting to moderators. That will go a long way toward getting on my good side, if that is what you want.

If you have any questions, speak now or forever hold your peace.
28.12.2018 - 19:15
Sorry for derailing this thread everyone, I won't post anymore. Just felt like I had valid points I needed to get across.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.12.2018 - 04:48
Trysane is a haxor ban him pls
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.12.2018 - 13:48
Napisano od Macavati34, 29.12.2018 at 04:48

Trysane is a haxor ban him pls

Prove or shut up!
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.12.2018 - 13:51
Napisano od Dave, 27.12.2018 at 06:26

Napisano od Abraham, 27.12.2018 at 06:13

xBugs has a loooong history. He's been warned many times, and banned before. He should have been on his best behavior, not continually exploiting bugs in the game. So it's no surprise he got banned again.

And yes, this one is an obvious bug that's going to be fixed.

If you want to avoid the same fate, just listen to the mods! There were plenty of chances for xBugs to stop before he finally got banned. As long as you listen to the mods and stop when they warn you about something, you'll be fine!

I hope I'll be warned if I unknowingly use something that is unacceptable. Anyway, good luck fixing all the bugs
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.12.2018 - 19:17
Hey Dave I really think there should be an administrator that has oversight on the moderator team because one time I needed something to be appealed and I had to spam all the moderators until Brian decided to hear my case in court . If it wasn't for my persistence I would have been forgotten. Multiple mods kinda just decided since I was so persistent and "annoying" therefore I was guilty, which was definitely not the case. TLDR Dave get an admin or #bring back Sun TZu
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.12.2018 - 21:30
Napisano od Xanxth, 29.12.2018 at 19:17

Hey Dave I really think there should be an administrator that has oversight on the moderator team because one time I needed something to be appealed and I had to spam all the moderators until Brian decided to hear my case in court . If it wasn't for my persistence I would have been forgotten. Multiple mods kinda just decided since I was so persistent and "annoying" therefore I was guilty, which was definitely not the case. TLDR Dave get an admin or #bring back Sun TZu

Who? What?
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.12.2018 - 22:40
Just follow the rules and don't be an asshole guys. It's simple.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.12.2018 - 09:12
Napisano od PleaseMe, 29.12.2018 at 22:40

Just follow the rules and don't be an asshole guys. It's simple.

I'd agree, but even i find myself in the face of sheer ignorance struggling to remain polite and respectful. At the very least if we cant address ignorant people and the filth that comes from there mouths, then moderators should let them know they are being toxic and dumb. We live in a world where it is becoming increasingly taboo to have people take responsibility for they're actions, and it is causing a surge in willful ignorance to the situations that effect these people, and since we are a communal species sometimes they're actions infect the community at large myself included and that pisses me off.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.12.2018 - 16:39
Napisano od Columna Durruti, 29.12.2018 at 21:30

Napisano od Xanxth, 29.12.2018 at 19:17

Who? What?

Its been dealt with a long time ago. Needless to say I haven't played atwar since my incident, totally ruined my at-war experience and not a single one of my friends continues to play due to the same thing.
Would have been nice to had an administrator to appeal to, because just going to another moderator is just a sleazy tactic(which I had done)
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.12.2018 - 18:22
 Dave (Admin)
Napisano od Xanxth, 30.12.2018 at 16:39

Its been dealt with a long time ago. Needless to say I haven't played atwar since my incident, totally ruined my at-war experience and not a single one of my friends continues to play due to the same thing.
Would have been nice to had an administrator to appeal to, because just going to another moderator is just a sleazy tactic(which I had done)

Do you really want me handling appeals all day long? Or do you want me to focus on fixing/improving the game? The latter is what admins are here for.

We have a lot of moderators... If you need to appeal a decision, going to another moderator is the correct option. If the decision really was incorrect, you should be able to find at least 1 moderator to agree with you.

We've talked about the idea of creating something like a "senior moderator" or a "supreme court of moderators" or whatever you want to call it, which would be moderators specially chosen to handle appeals. So far it's just an idea, but I'm open to discussion about it. I would rather do something like this.... Admins are NOT here to solve every dispute.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.12.2018 - 22:24
Napisano od Dave, 30.12.2018 at 18:22

Do you really want me handling appeals all day long? Or do you want me to focus on fixing/improving the game? The latter is what admins are here for.

We have a lot of moderators... If you need to appeal a decision, going to another moderator is the correct option. If the decision really was incorrect, you should be able to find at least 1 moderator to agree with you.

We've talked about the idea of creating something like a "senior moderator" or a "supreme court of moderators" or whatever you want to call it, which would be moderators specially chosen to handle appeals. So far it's just an idea, but I'm open to discussion about it. I would rather do something like this.... Admins are NOT here to solve every dispute.

Would be nice if we had a admin that specialized in moderation & marketing
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.12.2018 - 23:54
Hello, there is a really good forum post that advocates for the removal of the Moderator rank all together. Visit it here: https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=35612

I think this should be considered, especially by our new owner. I'm optimistic that progress can be made on some of these very important and controversial issues.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.12.2018 - 00:00
For far too long moderators have subjugated minorities throughout this community. They silence those who are illiterate and must use profanity to communicate, they silence those who know only how to communicate through spam, they silence those who just want to get their message heard on global and help chat! Global and help chat are not people, and therefore they cannot be abused! What if somebody is really trying to have an abortion and nobody can help him/her via help? What if somebody is trying to communicate his/her love for another? What if somebody is just trying to say hello! I doubt any moderators are part of the Catholic church, because they would be excommunicated almost immediately.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.12.2018 - 00:36
Napisano od Macavati34, 31.12.2018 at 00:00

They silence those who are illiterate and must use profanity to communicate, they silence those who know only how to communicate through spam, they silence those who just want to get their message heard on global and help chat! Global and help chat are not people, and therefore they cannot be abused!

This
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.12.2018 - 10:53
''Moderators will be held accountable too. If a moderator is truly abusing their power, then put together your evidence and present your case to me. If you write a thoughtful message, I will consider it. But if you just send me a 1-line PM saying "that mod is corrupt", or you've got a long history of misbehaving yourself, I'm not going to take you seriously.''
At tha point tolls in atWar started to improve his forgery skill hard
----
http://prntscr.com/omka79
http://prntscr.com/n1ymiv
Tacent quibbus Italia noverca est
Lirbur: therapy for england claims of superiority
Lirbur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyvoWzq3EM
Lirbur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8tP9wu2W0
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.01.2019 - 08:43
Napisano od Google, 31.12.2018 at 00:36

They silence those who are illiterate and must use profanity to communicate, they silence those who know only how to communicate through spam, they silence those who just want to get their message heard on global and help chat! Global and help chat are not people, and therefore they cannot be abused!

This

Except it's not remotely true but it's a nice excuse. You simply dont like certian things said by certian community members, so you bend our vague rules and delete/censor/punish people you dont like. But you never get vindictive or mean when you speak so youv flown under the radar thus far. I'd clean up your act before someone discovers what going on and you get removed.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
01.01.2019 - 23:32
Napisano od Helly, 01.01.2019 at 08:43

This

Except it's not remotely true but it's a nice excuse. You simply dont like certian things said by certian community members, so you bend our vague rules and delete/censor/punish people you dont like. But you never get vindictive or mean when you speak so youv flown under the radar thus far. I'd clean up your act before someone discovers what going on and you get removed.

----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.01.2019 - 21:47
Napisano od Dave, 30.12.2018 at 18:22

not you but another admin such as Sun Tzu. Senior moderator works aswell.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
14.01.2019 - 04:51
 Puf
Napisano od Guest, 28.12.2018 at 18:20

Napisano od brianwl, 28.12.2018 at 12:12

i know you don't want me to quote you , but i like using your words to answer your own questions, as it seems more effective at resolving the issue.

For instance you complain that mods don't respond to you, and yet, in the same breath, you tell at least one mod you have absolutely no respect for them. So mods are put in a strange situation with you... if a mod responds to your complaints, you get upset and tell the mod you have no respect for them. But if we don't respond to your complaints, you get upset and say we are being inconsistent or ignoring you. There's just no response that satisfies you unless it's 'Yes Trystane, just ignore all rules and do whatever you want.' And even then you'd probably disagree.

As for the other two chatting in room chat, i suspect you view them with contempt as well. Maybe you told them similar things, and they just don't have 'the energy' anymore to deal with you. The mod playing is allowed to play. Sometimes a mod will be playing a game, and has 3 other conversations going, so they don't want to start a fourth conversation with a player that has no respect for them.

But in general, if you treat the mods with respect, you will have no issues and they will respond to you and try to help you resolve issues.

A global spam takes less than 5 seconds to deal with, so it's no surprise the global meme post was dealt with. Your reports and complaints can sometimes take seconds, but sometimes they take longer if evidence needs to be collected and reviewed.

Finally, if you agree with a post, just click the little upvote. Mods will sometimes remove the 'thumbs up' posts in certain forums or threads as it is unnecessary and contributes nothing to the discussion.

That is the exact reason i have no respect for most moderators as they literally do the bare minimum if not nothing. Heat Check is a moderator Who I've famously never gotten along with but even all that doesn't stop him from responding to me and actually listening to me.

That's exactly it, it's at the point where i honestly think as soon as they see my name pop up they're like "oh no not this guy again" but if they see my name in a report then they take action instantly. Its complete bias and this why i have no respect for most, i treat others how they treat me. Why would I show any signs of respect to those who don't show any to me?

My report was very explicit, I stated what the issue was and I showed clear evidence. All it would have taken was one click to view the screenshot and that was all. I can literally tell you in private what the problem was if you want to know.

And finally I can understand that but there are other players on here just trolling and not contributing but its only ever me who gets his stuff removed or logged. Its funny because I know your replies are gonna get upvoted more than mine even though you're so full of shit in each one and i prove my point over and over again. Ants sucking up to their queen.

Heat is Canadian
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
15.01.2019 - 22:30

This

Bing IT
----
Not a good player
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.01.2019 - 11:59
 Agel

This

And I still have a ban from Acquiesce in help chat because I went crazy in help chat during Atwar Rebelion as a joke when he went crazy with the bans.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.01.2019 - 13:05
Napisano od Agel, 25.01.2019 at 11:59

This

And I still have a ban from Acquiesce in help chat because I went crazy in help chat during Atwar Rebelion as a joke when he went crazy with the bans.

Not even remotely related to what I'm talking about, you give atwar a bad rep to new players when you do stupid shit like that. It ain't funny, it ain't even a joke, it's trolling with the intent to seek attention, which everyone on the internet seems starved for recognition these day. But it ain't the time or place for that bull shit.
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.01.2019 - 14:06
 Agel
Napisano od Helly, 25.01.2019 at 13:05

Napisano od Agel, 25.01.2019 at 11:59

This

Not even remotely related to what I'm talking about, you give atwar a bad rep to new players when you do stupid shit like that. It ain't funny, it ain't even a joke, it's trolling with the intent to seek attention, which everyone on the internet seems starved for recognition these day. But it ain't the time or place for that bull shit.

Tell the mod who started i was just riding on the wave.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.02.2021 - 10:16

For far too long moderators have subjugated minorities throughout this community. They silence those who are illiterate and must use profanity to communicate, they silence those who know only how to communicate through spam, they silence those who just want to get their message heard on global and help chat! Global and help chat are not people, and therefore they cannot be abused! What if somebody is really trying to have an abortion and nobody can help him/her via help? What if somebody is trying to communicate his/her love for another? What if somebody is just trying to say hello! I doubt any moderators are part of the Catholic church, because they would be excommunicated almost immediately.

Global and help chat are not people but they can still be abused, apparently by your judgment if (and only if) a mod was to be corrupt or do something unorthodox it wouldn't be a abuse of power because power isn't a person? What else is a mod support to do when a user decides to post "lick my t%&#s b%&$" on global chat? (Won't state names but this has happened before) This person obviously knew what they were doing was going to get a reprisal and still posted anyway. Furthermore Atwar is not a dating site and global chat is not made for "communicating ones love for another." Again don't say hello on global chat, there's pms and game chats that are made for that. To touch on your last point we are not part of the Catholic church so any rules or restrictions you see in there probably don't apply to atwar.
----
BOW DOWN
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ