Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 30   Posjećeno od: 234 users
28.03.2019 - 02:06

I started working on this strategy, Reconnaissance, and have been updating it for some time now. With the advent of buildings on the horizon I'll have to adjust it again, but I think now is a good time to at least show it to someone and gather some thoughts on how to improve it. As I've stated before: I believe most strategies in this game are mediocre due to over-balance and a lack of focus on any specific playstyle. I love malleable strategies like NC and PD, but sometimes a very focused experience like LB or DS is great to play too. If we want to be able to continue developing for the game into the distant future, focusing on the latter more than the former will prove necessary.

Now along with this, people have asked about whether new units will ever be seen i the game, with very recently some players asking for them over new strategies even. I've taken this thought into perspective when designing this strategy and applied it in what I believe to be a tasteful and flexible fashion. With that out of the way, let me introduce Reconnaissance.

The Ethos of Reconnaissance:

Users must emphasize usage and synergy of both Recon series variant units at the start of the game, infantry can be used as a cheap substitute until enough funds are procured to advance. During the middle/late game, users will have to play Fabian, Interdiction, and Guerilla tactics in order to successfully repel enemies; Rushing and Raiding are de-emphasized unless a strategic window in which the Recon unit's Stealth typing can be fully utilized to punish ignorant players. Late game can be solved in multiplicative ways, largely by spamming Marines and Infantry.

Why not just buff Marines and Submarines? I did not want to intrude on the current niche they fill, and creating new variant units unique only to this strategy allows us more room to adapt them and change their stats to fit a better niche within Reconnaissance's ethos.

My thoughts on this strategy:

I will say that this strategy does largely have a Win Condition: You must utilize Recon Submarines and Recon Squads to thoroughly expand and control territory effectively. This strategy does not promote rushing due to a lack of offensive stats, but promotes waiting to strike via the strategy's Stealth focus. Can this work in the current meta? I'm not yet sure. But after seeing what Insurrection cold have been- a simple concept usable by all promoting the usage of a main unit (Militia) that requires an upgrade to use (Ground: Secondary Defense) to promote further gameplay for SP- I believe that dual-usage of new Ground: Stealth and Naval: Stealth units unique only to this strategy that share design similarities (to make newer players more familiar with the strategy's playstyle and to create consistency for more experienced players) and promote synergy amongst one-another is a very great design avenue to roll down that I believe newer players and seasoned veterans can surely appreciate provided this strategy's execution is sound.

I've nerfed both Transports to promote usage of the Recon Submarine unit and hence promote synergy by using the Recon Squad as a main transportable unit, but you can also ship Marines with the Recon Sub, and Recon Squads with the regular Submarine unit. Why even make variants than? I wanted more creative liberties when changing around the Submarine and Marines units, and didn't want to have to limit myself and stay closer to their current stats than revamping how these units could operate effectively with synergy.

I am concerned that the Squad in particular may be overpowered, as it initially functions as a Stealth Ground Bomber and has bonuses against the main defence units people use, but after speaking to a few dozen players about how they would execute this strategy, this is what seems to be popular. Perhaps this is because of a large amount of GW and PD usage right now? Perhaps this could curb Infantry rushing?
Now, to determine how this strategy would operate effectively (Where to chose it, what to counter it with, how you can counter with it, what tactics to use, etc) would require some testing, of course.
In my mind I envisioned this strategy being particularly effective in sleeper picks like Sweden, Volga, Italy, and Norway due to their location and lack of resources.

Now as I said, these statistics for these units are not final whatsoever but are meant to be a work in progress. I implore your criticism and hope that you understand my ethos moving forward. Most importantly of all: This strategy does have some power creep trailing it, but I believe that to be okay if we can create a check for its balance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or PM me.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 02:59
Napisano od Garde, 28.03.2019 at 02:06

This strategy does not promote rushing due to a lack of offensive stats, but promotes waiting to strike via the strategy's Stealth focus. Can this work in the current meta? I'm not yet sure.

1. So I am assuming its a highly offensive strategy. And very weak against slowroll? But you also say that you must wait to strike. I am unsure how that works? I don't know if waiting is always the best plan.

I've nerfed both Transports to promote usage of the Recon Submarine unit and hence promote synergy by using the Recon Squad as a main transportable unit, but you can also ship Marines with the Recon Sub, and Recon Squads with the regular Submarine unit.

2. So far this strategy seems similar to GW marines and MOS in a way. It has the range lack of GW, but has the attack boost of MOS.

Perhaps this is because of a large amount of GW and PD usage right now?

3. Within the past year I have hardly scene any usage of PD or GW in both Competitive and World games. It's actually very rare we see either of these being used unless it is a very niche setting. Considering LB, GC and IMP are currently the superior strategies ATM. I hope you took those into account as well.

In my mind I envisioned this strategy being particularly effective in sleeper picks like Sweden, Volga, Italy, and Norway due to their location and lack of resources.

4. It is VERY rare that we see the following 4 countries used in anything Competitive. There is a reason these aren't picked often because they are more of a high risk high reward. But are we talking strictly about Competitive 3v3s? When creating a new strategy I believe we should look at it's entirety as a whole. How well does the strategy do in World games, Scenarios, Roleplays, as well as Clan Wars/duels. Does the strategy follow that "rock paper scissors" idea that some players have mentioned. What are its main pros and cons in all settings. Personally I don't think we should be investing in a strategy specifically for 1 game mode, but for most game modes.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 08:37
No time to read atm, i upvote for the work done.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 10:10
Napisano od PleaseMe, 28.03.2019 at 02:59

1. So I am assuming its a highly offensive strategy. And very weak against slowroll? But you also say that you must wait to strike. I am unsure how that works? I don't know if waiting is always the best plan.

I would say that on paper this strategy does have any weaknesses against slowroll since spamming Infantry and Recon Squads are an option, just like in most other strategies. By waiting I merely mean throwing a stealth stack next to a city before taking it, breaking the wall that same turn, and then hitting said city with the stealth stack and possibly a non-stealth stack at the same time to get the clear advantage.

2. So far this strategy seems similar to GW marines and MOS in a way. It has the range lack of GW, but has the attack boost of MOS.

To an extent, yes. However, in having proprietary archetypal units, I believe a certain synergy or expanding strategy can be utilized to a greater degree here than in most other strategies.

3. Within the past year I have hardly scene any usage of PD or GW in both Competitive and World games. It's actually very rare we see either of these being used unless it is a very niche setting. Considering LB, GC and IMP are currently the superior strategies ATM. I hope you took those into account as well.

All anecdotal of course, because every competitive player has a different experience, including myself. I see PD Germany, France, UK, and Turkey all the time in 3v3s. GW is used more sparingly, but it still sees play in Germany and the likes. Everyone has told me something different, I feel as though no one can properly read another person's strategy at all which is leading to this confusion.

4. It is VERY rare that we see the following 4 countries used in anything Competitive. There is a reason these aren't picked often because they are more of a high risk high reward. But are we talking strictly about Competitive 3v3s? When creating a new strategy I believe we should look at it's entirety as a whole. How well does the strategy do in World games, Scenarios, Roleplays, as well as Clan Wars/duels. Does the strategy follow that "rock paper scissors" idea that some players have mentioned. What are its main pros and cons in all settings. Personally I don't think we should be investing in a strategy specifically for 1 game mode, but for most game modes.

Lelouch proved that Sweden is completely viable in many different situations. The Mortal Kombat guys use crazy picks like Volga quite often, Italy is underplayed yet has a hell of a lot of potential. You are correct in your statement, but typically I feel the answer is more that people are unwilling to play new things. I did not tailor this strategy specifically for these places however, in fact this strat will most likely be far better in UK and Ukraine. No, I don't factor in Scenarios and RP because they don't use anything outside of PD and IMP anyways, they just want their custom strategies and I agree with them on that. World game players already claim MoS is great still (I disagree with them, but whatever), so Reconnaissance should be great there. CWs work in the same fashion asn 3v3 EU 10k minus the occasionally weird pick/noob, and Duels are a completely different beast altogether. This strategy is cyclical in nature following Dookter's R/P/S paradigm to some degree, with strats like CI being particularly effective against Reconnaissance in my hypothesis. Pros being a strong synergistic engine between Recon units to expand thoroughly and efficiently early-game along with infantry usage if need be, variability in having default marines and subs alongside my edited ones, as well as a new emphasis on stealth units is a more spammable nature. Cons being weaker infantry, easily-detectable movements if not done carefully, and any unforseen circumstances revolving stealth units in general.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 13:44
Read everything above. Glad you are trying new ideas.

A great idea someone mention a few weeks ago...create a new unit....mines (land and sea)....essentially. it is a static stealth unit that cannot be moved once laid down.

It would cause severe damage to a land or sea unit. Thumbs up to implement this unit, instead of new strategy.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 15:56
Remove militia cost nerf
remove trans cost nerf
remove at cost nerf
then it will be ok strat to play
afterwards we test recon cost and nerf/buff it
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 16:49
I was thinking about the 420 strat which gives
+2 def and attack on all units and 20 crit
-4 range cause too high and lazy
50+ cost on all units
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 16:57
Im a stealth douche so this is an upvote for me, its like the imperialist but for stealth and no attack minuses although those transport price increases are a bit steep, i would think a 50 increase in naval trans and a 30 increase for air trans. militia shouldnt have price increase its militia ffs lol
----
im batman
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 18:30
Napisano od Mars Attack!, 28.03.2019 at 13:44

Read everything above. Glad you are trying new ideas.

A great idea someone mention a few weeks ago...create a new unit....mines (land and sea)....essentially. it is a static stealth unit that cannot be moved once laid down.

It would cause severe damage to a land or sea unit. Thumbs up to implement this unit, instead of new strategy.

Sea mines would be pretty dope, perhaps we can fit them into a new strat?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 20:10
Yea, mines would be a great enhancement. should be sea and land. stealth and static (cant move after laid down). damage to enemy unit within detection zone.

basically, it is a static stealth unit.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 20:28
 4nic
Napisano od Mars Attack!, 28.03.2019 at 20:10

Yea, mines would be a great enhancement. should be sea and land. stealth and static (cant move after laid down). damage to enemy unit within detection zone.

basically, it is a static stealth unit.

Add them as ''extra units'' game option alongside some other units like fighter planes etc
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 21:13
Well, it would be nice if you could buy/create mines like infantry, instead of being a rare unit.

Mines would have a movement range until you "activate/lay the mine down" during a turn. after that, the mine is static and can never be moved.

Mine unit (land or sea) could be a big defensive strategy in your games. no matter what strategy you use. and make your enemies think twice once they hit a mine or mine fields.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 22:32
Napisano od Mars Attack!, 28.03.2019 at 21:13

Well, it would be nice if you could buy/create mines like infantry, instead of being a rare unit.

Mines would have a movement range until you "activate/lay the mine down" during a turn. after that, the mine is static and can never be moved.

Mine unit (land or sea) could be a big defensive strategy in your games. no matter what strategy you use. and make your enemies think twice once they hit a mine or mine fields.

Traitor
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 23:18
Coward
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2019 - 23:24
I love the idea of mines. They don't work with the current system, though. There would have to be some way to have any unit be able to attack a stealth unit (the mine) even though the player doesn't know it's there. The mine would then have a large defense and zero attack.

As far as the strat goes, it sounds promising. I do like the idea of a rock/paper/scissors kind of philosophy because we already have a number of strats that are not geared toward anything specific (Imp, IF, LB) and others that have a universal applicability even though they do emphasize certain units or styles of play more than the other three I mentioned (PD, Blitz, RA).
----
Embrace the void
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 02:24
 Fear
Coward
----
I am Fear. I am a good player. I think. I don't actually do anything useful but I am a good player. I am also cool. Love me. Please. Thank You. I am not high while writing this.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 08:03
Is this out already or?
----
yeetus deletus throw that fetus
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 09:26
Napisano od Garde, 28.03.2019 at 10:10

I would say that on paper this strategy does have any weaknesses against slowroll since spamming Infantry and Recon Squads are an option, just like in most other strategies. By waiting I merely mean throwing a stealth stack next to a city before taking it, breaking the wall that same turn, and then hitting said city with the stealth stack and possibly a non-stealth stack at the same time to get the clear advantage.

To an extent, yes. However, in having proprietary archetypal units, I believe a certain synergy or expanding strategy can be utilized to a greater degree here than in most other strategies.

All anecdotal of course, because every competitive player has a different experience, including myself. I see PD Germany, France, UK, and Turkey all the time in 3v3s. GW is used more sparingly, but it still sees play in Germany and the likes. Everyone has told me something different, I feel as though no one can properly read another person's strategy at all which is leading to this confusion.

Lelouch proved that Sweden is completely viable in many different situations. The Mortal Kombat guys use crazy picks like Volga quite often, Italy is underplayed yet has a hell of a lot of potential. You are correct in your statement, but typically I feel the answer is more that people are unwilling to play new things. I did not tailor this strategy specifically for these places however, in fact this strat will most likely be far better in UK and Ukraine. No, I don't factor in Scenarios and RP because they don't use anything outside of PD and IMP anyways, they just want their custom strategies and I agree with them on that. World game players already claim MoS is great still (I disagree with them, but whatever), so Reconnaissance should be great there. CWs work in the same fashion asn 3v3 EU 10k minus the occasionally weird pick/noob, and Duels are a completely different beast altogether. This strategy is cyclical in nature following Dookter's R/P/S paradigm to some degree, with strats like CI being particularly effective against Reconnaissance in my hypothesis. Pros being a strong synergistic engine between Recon units to expand thoroughly and efficiently early-game along with infantry usage if need be, variability in having default marines and subs alongside my edited ones, as well as a new emphasis on stealth units is a more spammable nature. Cons being weaker infantry, easily-detectable movements if not done carefully, and any unforseen circumstances revolving stealth units in general.

On phone dont want to remove some shit but lulu can only play uk so u cant say he proved sweden was good XAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXA and mk players zzzz last time I saw volga in a cw it was steve in gc
3n3 doesnt count cuz its only for nubs who arent enough good to cw or bored fag
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 10:57
Napisano od 4Chan, 28.03.2019 at 22:32

Traitor

Rep Farmer
----
Not a good player
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 11:01
Napisano od Froyer, 29.03.2019 at 09:26

On phone dont want to remove some shit but lulu can only play uk so u cant say he proved sweden was good XAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXA and mk players zzzz last time I saw volga in a cw it was steve in gc
3n3 doesnt count cuz its only for nubs who arent enough good to cw or bored fag

Nah bro, his Sweden is neato as shit. Other people have done it too, but he's proven that it's a winnable strategy, rather than just some counterpick like Poland. Anywho I updated my original stance to focus more on primary picks like UK, Ukraine, and Spain to reflect that I was merely suggesting Reconnaissance could be useful in tertiary picks. Bro that Volga shit is sexy af tho, wish there was a video of one of them hammering it out

Not entirely wrong, but 3v3s are more common than CW and they have a larger audience by far. Anywho, they're literally the same gametype so I'm not sure why this matters.

Napisano od Pancakes, 29.03.2019 at 08:03

Is this out already or?

No, this is merely an ideation. With enough attention, support, and testing, Dave may be inclined to add it in however, so leave your thoughts!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 11:13
Napisano od TimTheNoob, 29.03.2019 at 10:57

Napisano od 4Chan, 28.03.2019 at 22:32

Traitor

Rep Farmer

It says reps, it doesn't say what kind, so yeah I'm 685 rep farmer
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 11:13
I like it
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 17:34
 4nic
Napisano od Red.Army, 29.03.2019 at 16:30

Beautiful! Garde doing so much for this community for years.

I think he is trying to become a mod
----
~Napoleon

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 17:37
Napisano od 4nic, 29.03.2019 at 17:34

Napisano od Red.Army, 29.03.2019 at 16:30

Beautiful! Garde doing so much for this community for years.

I think he is trying to become a mod

You do nothing with your life? Is that really all youre doing?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 19:16
Not sure how I feel about it lol..

Id like to see how it would pan out in a 3v3 but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be a very comp friendly strat. If you're opponent sees you "just waiting" you're gonna get fucked. Plus what's the point of low range and low off, if anything, make it like a stealth def strat or smth..

either way, I'm not even sure how much of a comp player u are lol.. not to be mean, but playing 3v3s with lausitz and trolls like melluertyme or whatever his name is doesn't make one a) a comp player or b) a good one.

Cws tend to give a better idea of what actually works, picks, strats and tactics wise.

Cheers
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 19:55
Napisano od ise-kun, 29.03.2019 at 19:16

Not sure how I feel about it lol..

Id like to see how it would pan out in a 3v3 but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be a very comp friendly strat. If you're opponent sees you "just waiting" you're gonna get fucked. Plus what's the point of low range and low off, if anything, make it like a stealth def strat or smth..

either way, I'm not even sure how much of a comp player u are lol.. not to be mean, but playing 3v3s with lausitz and trolls like melluertyme or whatever his name is doesn't make one a) a comp player or b) a good one.

Cws tend to give a better idea of what actually works, picks, strats and tactics wise.

Cheers

I already explained how stealth functions and why you're not necessarily waiting around, in my response to Mecoy. "Low range", you kidding me?

Considering all I've ever played is the metagame, and I've been doing it on and off for nearly a decade, I don't know how else to classify myself than as someone who participates in the metagame; Using the term 'Comp player' to describe someone like me would be derogative. You do not consider me and anyone who plays straight 3v3s a part of your clique because I and others haven't played a clan war in years? Great reasoning. My tactics are sound and getting back where they used to be with every game I play, meanwhile the "Competitive" scene hasn't made an inch of innovation in years that wasn't already invented by Clovis or Laochra. The only people nowadays actively trying to keep the metagame fresh are people like Lelouch and Witch Doctor; why should I care what Oblivion and Enigma think of my standing? Ridiculous statement.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
29.03.2019 - 22:32
Well nathing can be worse than WD strat(counter-ins)
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.03.2019 - 08:25
 4nic
Napisano od Augustus Caesar, 30.03.2019 at 05:41

Can you try to be Waffel any harder? At least Garde contributes to the community you moth

Are you trying to become a mod
----
~Napoleon

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.03.2019 - 10:04
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.03.2019 - 12:21
Napisano od Augustus Caesar, 30.03.2019 at 05:41

Can you try to be Waffel any harder? At least Garde contributes to the community you moth

What are you talking about? I play everyday (recall the 50 times i asked u for cw this week?????)
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ