cyprus turk or not?

Turk
Greek
Serbian

Ukupno glasova: 33
25.02.2021 - 09:45
Napisano od Bella Ciao, 25.02.2021 at 09:35

Napisano od JUGERS2, 24.02.2021 at 21:34

Calling Makarios a traitor is very dangerous, shows pro junta ideology. He was a man ahead of his time, saw a way that both Greeks and Turks could live together like brothers with respect and equality bewteen eachother. We need a Makarios in both sides of the island nowdays so this divide stops. If he was of what you call him a "traitor" they wouldn't give his name to biggest hospital of Nicosia. For the Cyprus people, Greek or Turk, he was the father of the nation, respected from both,loved from both, something noone else has and will achieve. I wish we had more leaders like him in every country.

I don't disagree at all, but u can see now 1 part who called Cyprus and 1 part who called Turkish Cyprus.. There's no where Greek part of Cyprus.. How u explain that why not Greek part of Cyprus?? Until today 70% of population is Greek Cypriots, That's why I blame makarios and EOKA too... Big mistakes from Greece.. However, until today the Northern part of Cyprus is not recognized, it is still in a state of invasion. Also England and USA knows better their criminals..

Everyone has the right of self determination. In a country with a minority numbering 20% of the population, you can't just give it to a bigger nation because that would make that minority less than 2% and lose every right. A federation was the perfect way to rule. Greek president and Turkish vice president. After some decades of coexistence people would stop calling themselves Turks or Greeks but they would all be Cypriots. State of Northern Macedonia managed it in way less time so I don't see Cypriots wouldn't to.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.02.2021 - 10:09
Napisano od JUGERS2, 25.02.2021 at 09:45

Calling Makarios a traitor is very dangerous, shows pro junta ideology. He was a man ahead of his time, saw a way that both Greeks and Turks could live together like brothers with respect and equality bewteen eachother. We need a Makarios in both sides of the island nowdays so this divide stops. If he was of what you call him a "traitor" they wouldn't give his name to biggest hospital of Nicosia. For the Cyprus people, Greek or Turk, he was the father of the nation, respected from both,loved from both, something noone else has and will achieve. I wish we had more leaders like him in every country.

I don't disagree at all, but u can see now 1 part who called Cyprus and 1 part who called Turkish Cyprus.. There's no where Greek part of Cyprus.. How u explain that why not Greek part of Cyprus?? Until today 70% of population is Greek Cypriots, That's why I blame makarios and EOKA too... Big mistakes from Greece.. However, until today the Northern part of Cyprus is not recognized, it is still in a state of invasion. Also England and USA knows better their criminals..

Everyone has the right of self determination. In a country with a minority numbering 20% of the population, you can't just give it to a bigger nation because that would make that minority less than 2% and lose every right. A federation was the perfect way to rule. Greek president and Turkish vice president. After some decades of coexistence people would stop calling themselves Turks or Greeks but they would all be Cypriots. State of Northern Macedonia managed it in way less time so I don't see Cypriots wouldn't to.

The Greek population of the island should have agreed on a union of coexistence with the Turks right?! But the Turks never accepted a coexistence with the Greeks. they uprooted them from their homes and stole their land and property, slaughtered and exterminated the entire Greek population ,from Constantinople to Smyrna and from Pontus to Halikarnassos was Greek land! But there is a rule of law and Turkey is legal in everything..I will answer you very simply in a Greek proverb "where they owed us, they even took our ox"
----
"People can be as dark as they want to be, but it's enough to intervene in a part of Greek life, so that it is immediately illuminated."
Friedrich N
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.02.2021 - 11:28
If it was first and only Turkish 'incident', then we could forgive and forget. But...

- Armenian genocide 1915
- Invasion of Kipros 1974
- Kurdish oppression 1970-present
- Invasion of Syria 2017-present

And this is proven, common knowledge by now, who knows what else they've done that is still not declassified.

Also:

- Turkish military coup in the 60s
- Turkish military coup in the 70s
- Turkish military coup in the 80s
- Turkish military coup attempt in 2016

Turkey is unstable country... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Military_coups_in_Turkey
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.02.2021 - 11:34
Napisano od Bella Ciao, 25.02.2021 at 10:09

Napisano od JUGERS2, 25.02.2021 at 09:45

The Greek population of the island should have agreed on a union of coexistence with the Turks right?! But the Turks never accepted a coexistence with the Greeks. they uprooted them from their homes and stole their land and property, slaughtered and exterminated the entire Greek population ,from Constantinople to Smyrna and from Pontus to Halikarnassos was Greek land! But there is a rule of law and Turkey is legal in everything..I will answer you very simply in a Greek proverb "where they owed us, they even took our ox"

Neither Cyprus Greeks are same with mainland Greeks, neither Cyprus Turks same with mainland Turks. British rule over the island had made both of the groups more Europian and way more friendly to eachother. They weren't divided before the attempted coup they lived in mix neighborhoods. That time was critical because since then Cyprus ask exactly that, coexistence and unification but Turkish side lost all trust and is guided by mainland Turkey to not unite. Last elections show it with a very small margain win of the Pro Turkish president.

Akinci who advocated the unification lost barely with 48% of the votes.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.02.2021 - 12:04
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_settlers_in_Northern_Cyprus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_Turkish_Peace_Force_Command

Same as in Serbia; you settle the province until you become majority and establish military presence. Turks have 30,000 troops in Cyprus, Albanians have 5,000 US troops on Kosovo(camp bondsteel).
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ