Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 10   Posjećeno od: 82 users
06.04.2021 - 19:12
In game https://prnt.sc/112gfrl

In map maker https://prnt.sc/112ggb4

I've tried on many different backgrounds, clearing cache, different browsers, different PCs, many years and it's still a Border/Duplicate/fake/shadow outlines of the previous map, or. The borders are fake.
Maybe some how linked to my account?
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.07.2021 - 05:10
 Dave (Admin)
It may be a bug on our end. Every time you save the map, in addition to the lines that make up the real border, it also draws a sort-of shadow right onto the background image itself. (Which seems odd to me -- I would think there are better ways we could handle that, but that's another issue). Anyway, the problem happens because our CDN, CloudFlare, has a pretty aggressive caching system which saves whatever version of the map background it happens to see first. Whatever changes you make in the future, it keeps sending back the same one unless/until it's cache gets purged.

A workaround for this is to re-upload the map background. However you might end up having to do this every time you edit the map, as the old version may keep showing up. I know that's annoying, but it does solve the issue in the short term. (At least it worked when I tested it -- using Chrome.)

I will code a permanent solution to this problem soon as I have some time.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.07.2021 - 05:12
 Dave (Admin)
For my own benefit --

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a new map
2) Draw a border and assign a country to it
3) Save map and exit
4) Edit map again
5) Move border
6) Save map and exit. you should see the old border "shadow" by this point
----
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.07.2021 - 17:16
Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 06.04.2021 at 19:12

Try uploading the original world map background. Not a clone. Or you will always see the shadows. It's a bug but the best way around it atm is to just upload the original.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.10.2021 - 20:43
Napisano od PleaseMe, 26.07.2021 at 17:16

Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 06.04.2021 at 19:12

Try uploading the original world map background. Not a clone. Or you will always see the shadows. It's a bug but the best way around it atm is to just upload the original.

Have you a got a Decent resolution Original map?
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.10.2021 - 20:57
 Dave (Admin)
Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 11.10.2021 at 20:43

here: https://atwar-game.com/tmp/worldmap8_borders1.jpg
----
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
12.10.2021 - 15:59
Napisano od Dave, 11.10.2021 at 20:57

Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 11.10.2021 at 20:43

here: https://atwar-game.com/tmp/worldmap8_borders1.jpg

Cool man, much appreciated.
However, I've done this before and was doing a few times recently. Bugs still tend to be there. Like, Missing borders and sometimes Cities. I come back 2 or 3 weeks later,(and/or Year's) re-uploading the image in-between. I use to ask Admins to manually reset Map maker server thingy often too. But still the same bugs or stranger pop up.

Any advice at all?

The only reasons I think it's on my end is because I tried on 3 PCs, a phone and my account actually got banned before and I believe I got demoted a level before. I think. Something to do with my account. Somehow...? Maybe reset it. Delete then make a new account?
maybe somehow had to with Caches on each individual players map count?
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.02.2022 - 04:07
 Dave (Admin)
Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 12.10.2021 at 15:59

However, I've done this before and was doing a few times recently. Bugs still tend to be there. Like, Missing borders and sometimes Cities. I come back 2 or 3 weeks later,(and/or Year's) re-uploading the image in-between. I use to ask Admins to manually reset Map maker server thingy often too. But still the same bugs or stranger pop up.

Any advice at all?

The only reasons I think it's on my end is because I tried on 3 PCs, a phone and my account actually got banned before and I believe I got demoted a level before. I think. Something to do with my account. Somehow...? Maybe reset it. Delete then make a new account?

So... I just completed a pretty significant update to the map editor... would you mind trying it again and let me know if you still have any problems with it now?

There are still bugs in the map editor I'm sure, but I just fixed a bunch of things including the ghost borders issue, so hopefully you'll have better luck with it this time...
----
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.02.2022 - 10:32
Napisano od Dave, 27.02.2022 at 04:07

Napisano od DeepFriedUnicorn, 12.10.2021 at 15:59

Any advice at all?

So... I just completed a pretty significant update to the map editor... would you mind trying it again and let me know if you still have any problems with it now?

There are still bugs in the map editor I'm sure, but I just fixed a bunch of things including the ghost borders issue, so hopefully you'll have better luck with it this time...

Thanks for getting back to me
I'll check it out
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.07.2022 - 12:47
Napisano od Dave, 27.02.2022 at 04:07

On a fresh new background it works perfectly, no border issues or duplicates.
On the original map and even the new world map it tends to still duplicate/shadow when cloning.

It's working now, just not on clones, gets a bit buggy. Nonetheless. Thanks man, good job
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ