Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 25   Posjećeno od: 62 users
26.11.2012 - 07:03
WHY THERE IS NOT A FRENCH FORUM IN THE INTERNATIONAL SECTION! Seriously french is with english the only global language. It is the official language with english of a lots of international institution like the UN or the olympic games. It is the second most learned language on the planet. I'M NOT A FUCKING ANGLO BECAUSE I LIVE IN CANADA SO GIVE ME MY FRENCH FORUM ASAP. Why you gave a fucking forum to the arabic, turk, german and spanish before french I don't understand. You are clearly influenced by francophobia and it's time to remediate to this right now by adding a glorious french forum.

On a more serious note, just make this topic to ask if it is possible to get a french forum. Looks like the spanishs got there just by asking so i will ask too^^ Passé une bonne journée tout le monde, au plaisir de vous reparlez sur le forum francophone.
Vive le Québec Libre!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 07:13
Observe as the admins get bombarded with requests for Dutch, Russian, Hebrew, Chinese, Portuguese, Hindi, Basque, Latin, Klingon, and Morse code forums. .-.. --- .-.. .----. -.. .-.-.-
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 08:14
Calm down Thomas... I don't even understand your problem, you can talk english right? We started with Turkish/Arabic because they requested it many times before and because we have a lot of Turkish players that are not good in english and use translators to communicate. So, offcource this has a higher priority then French. And German/Spanish because we can easely moderate it (and we have a lot of players that speak German/Spanish).

BTW, just for your facts. Most spoken languages in the world:
1. Mandarin (Chinese)
2. Spanish
3. English
4. Hindi
5. Arabic
6. Portugese
7 - 17. Other languages
18! French

Source

@Mathdino
Dutch isn't needed, most Dutch/Belgians people can speak English anyway and we are not that nationalistic that we need a Dutch forum
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 08:58
Napisano od Mathdino, 26.11.2012 at 07:13

Klingon

That'd be hilarious.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 10:11
Napisano od Hugosch, 26.11.2012 at 08:14

@Mathdino
Dutch isn't needed, most Dutch/Belgians people can speak English anyway and we are not that nationalistic that we need a Dutch forum

You could say the same for Germany.

Currently there are 36million non-English speaking Germans (44%) (from a 2006 survey, meaning this number is most likely less now, maybe closer to 30million?)

but there are 40million non-english speaking french (60%) (only in europe, not couting overseas territories, survery in 2012)

so give me a reason why france cannot have it's own forum?

by the way, french is the 11th most spoken language, not the 18th (i have no idea where you got your facts from haha) but a higher percentage of germans can speak english.

you are also only accounting for native speakers. there are an estimated 500million french speakers around the world, in certain african countries, canada, etc

the best languages to put in would be
French
Spanish
Mandarin (possibly no need for this, as there is effectively no chinese players.)
Portuguese
Russian
German
Turkish is uneeded, (but buthurt will comence if it is removed)
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 11:53
 Ivan (Admin)
OK, everyone chill out. We will be opening International forums upon requests and provided there's enough demand. Having at least 50 active players speaking the language would be nice.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 12:13
I speak French. A forum filled with stinky, cheese and baguette eating snobs would be nice thank you

Puis oui je parle francais.
----
~My plump juicy breasts are none of your god damn business~
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 12:18

Calm down Thomas... I don't even understand your problem, you can talk english right? We started with Turkish/Arabic because they requested it many times before and because we have a lot of Turkish players that are not good in english and use translators to communicate. So, offcource this has a higher priority then French. And German/Spanish because we can easely moderate it (and we have a lot of players that speak German/Spanish).

BTW, just for your facts. Most spoken languages in the world:
1. Mandarin (Chinese)
2. Spanish
3. English
4. Hindi
5. Arabic
6. Portugese
7 - 17. Other languages
18! French

Source

Hugo, that chart is sort of irrelevant. Most of the players come from Europe, middle east and the Americas. I haven't talked to one Chinese, Korean, Hindi, Javanese,Japanese, Korean,Telugu or Vietnamese speaking player. I've ran into A lot of french speaking players. That chart is based on population, mostly native population. More people speak French on Afterwind then you think
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 12:21
Napisano od nonames, 26.11.2012 at 10:11

@Mathdino

You could say the same for Germany.

Currently there are 36million non-English speaking Germans (44%) (from a 2006 survey, meaning this number is most likely less now, maybe closer to 30million?)

No you can't say the same about Germany. In AW, i know about 5 players (maybe 10tops) that speak Dutch, and there are more then 100 speaking German.

but there are 40million non-english speaking french (60%) (only in europe, not couting overseas territories, survery in 2012)

so give me a reason why france cannot have it's own forum?

Can you quote me where i said "france cannot have it's own forum"? I was responding to Thomas, who was mad that French wasn't the first language on the forum. I only said other languages ​​had more priority, not that French is not on the list.

i have no idea where you got your facts from haha

Strange that you have no idea where i got my facts from, because I put the source in my post. I suggest you read it again

Turkish is uneeded, (but buthurt will comence if it is removed)

Turkish is needed. Not only do we have a lot of Turkish AW-players, also they requested it many times and they can't speak English that well (and use translators all the time).
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 12:23
@Riffdis
its true my chart is irrelevant, i was just posting it because Thomas was using that as an argument for adding French first, rather then Arabic, German, Turkish or Spanish.

Anyway, i will quit discussing now
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 12:35
Guest14731
Račun izbrisan
Dont worry hugosch, im 100% calm, i was just mimicting the way a good bunch of english canadians see the separatists. Also im not going to start a language war but your number are wrong and i totally agree with arb and riffdid. If you need a decent community in game to make a forum. I can confirm you that there is a lot of frenchs players. Just cameback recenty, i dont know any new player and my meory is far from fresh but i can name you easily a good bunch of francophones, me,stomachulcers,riffdis,ironai,tophats,counterpart,charles leloup,nateballer,el kolonel etcetera I hope you will understand the fact that a french forum will be really usefu. Finally it will really be an international forum due to the 500 millions francophones in the world. As exemple romania and uk both have 25% of french speakers. French is the only global language with english. And sincerely i dont see the international aspect of the turkish forum, its more an intranational forum,,,,, no one except turkey and turkish diaspora speak this mongoloid language. Also sorry if im not logged on my main account but im currently at my job on my cell. Hope to comeback tonight with a french forum
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 13:25
17 active ones, 2 rang 10
Andartes is also greek, rang 9
luis is greek, rang 9
also cypriots speak greek
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 17:28
I vote for morse forum.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 17:49
Ok now i'm back home. Well Hugo you probably already saw that my english is far from perfection, it is totally normal that my capacity of describing event,things etcetera is way better in my maternal language. There is also a cultural factor that enter in play, here in quebec we are fighting for the protection of our culture since always while you in netherlands are almost getting buttdevastated by english. It's probably because of this that you can't understand why I want this forum, probably that a catalan would have understood thsi completely.

In case some people did not get it my first post was a complete exaggeration to get some reaction and attention. It was just a joke, yea i want a forum but I'm not angry because others languages got it before french.

Hugo your source is biased on 2 points: 1. it take in account only the maternal language and not the secondary language speakers (French importance worldwide is due to the fact that it is the scnd most learned language after english) 2. There is'nt 74 million native french speakers but 115 million(True number calculated by demographers for the OIF). Anyway it is'nt your fault in general english wikipedia tend to be biased against french as much as french wikipedia is biased against english

So now lets get more serious and motivate the admins to create a french forum:

1. French is +/- the 10th most spoken language according to the native spakers, this is almost impossible to get the exact number due to a lot of factors like some peoples having 2 maternal language, or in case of french an important factor is the difficulty to know who speak french as a native language in africa

2. French is the second most learned language worldwide with 85 millions learning it. This place french as the only global language with english used in every continent. 115+85 = 200 millions frenchs speakers currently

3. Currently there is only something like 10 active players from France. The lowest number with Itay probably for a western country with an important population. There is a lot of room to grow for afterwind in france comparated to germany netherlands or the anglo-saxons countries.

4.Even without France the french community in afterwind is alive with a decent number of users. Just look at Belgium that got way more active players than France(only 40% maternal french in belgium but way more if you count second language). If we take only 33% of the canadian(first and second language speaker) you get there again an important number. Add to this 25% of the brits, yea 25% of the brittish learned french. Maybe 5% of the americans. And a couple in every country we get easily the 50 active players that Yvan need.

5. In a lot of french games that I have played there was a decent community of morrocans, tunisians and algerians. This 3 countries are almost not existing in afterwind. Again a french forum will probably help get a good bunch of players from this region where they don't learn english in primary and secondary schools

6. The majority of western language won't open a decent new market for afterwind, and most non western languages are usually not learned outside of there native speaking area, French is the only language that can cover both of this problem and should be used by the admins to expand the visibility of this game

7. We are on internet currently, and know what after English and German French is the third language of the web with 5% of the internet pages, german hold 7% and english 45%. In the future French will probably dethroned german due to the saturation of the german internet users while the french can count on africa to expand in the next century.

8. Others facts not really important to take in account for the creation of a french forum
-In the european union french is second in native speakers with 16%
-In africa 10% of the population speak french currently and it expand a lot each year
-French is official in 29 countries
-The most conservative projection of the OIF give between 700-750 milliosn speakers of french in 2050 including 500 millions in africa
-French was maybe in decline since world war 2, but due to africa the trend is reversed
-Francophonie is currently the biggest barrier against monolingualism
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 18:03
Napisano od Mathdino, 26.11.2012 at 07:13

Observe as the admins get bombarded with requests for Dutch, Russian, Hebrew, Chinese, Portuguese, Hindi, Basque, Latin, Klingon, and Morse code forums. .-.. --- .-.. .----. -.. .-.-.-

You forgot elfic.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 18:29
I also vote for a Morse forum. --/---/.-./.../. ../... .-/.--/./.../---/--/. .-.-.- .--/..../---/... .--/../-/.... --/. --..--

On topic, I did a search for people from French speaking countries and filtered by last seen.

France: 7 players in past week, 10 in past month. 2 of these actually use the forums.
Belgium: 7 in past week, 12 in past month. 2 of these have used the forums.
Luxembourg: One rank 0 in the past year.
Switzerland: 5 in past month. 2 use the forums, but of those, one of them is from the USA, and the other is in Deutsche Koalition and would probably rather speak German.
Canada: Honestly, most people from Quebec can speak perfect English anyway. Thank you for being bilingual, Quebecers. I'l add in about 4 active forum users that speak Canadian French though.

As if we're really going to get any French speaking players from Africa. I checked myself, there're very few people from North Africa around. That totals up to 8 people who would likely use a French forum, plus you. Your chances aren't looking too great, my friend. Even with massive compensation from players who don't list their home country, or Americans and Brits that speak French, you're not getting above 20.

I'm not saying French isn't a major language worldwide, as it clearly is, and I'm not saying we're francophobic. Just that French isn't a major language of Afterwind, no more than Mandarin is. When we get a good amount of French players, I'm sure that'll become a useful forum to have. Until then, pas de chance, mon ami.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 18:30
I demand a forum in the dovah language from Skyrim so we may fus ro dah each other off of cliffs.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 19:17
Mathdino I just told in my post that currently the french market is empty.

Canada: Almost all quebecers can speak perfect english: Totally false, Canada as a whole have a lower% of english speakers than scandinavia or the netherlands by exemple, this due to the french canadians. And i can confirm you that by experience in this game almost 33% of the canadian have a basic or a decent knowledge of french.

Ok lets say that you have found 15 actives frenchs speakers, add to these 33% of 60 active canadian we already have 15+20=35

And a quarter of the brittish speak french, a decent amount of americans, a couple in every others countries

I can confirm you that there is more than 50 active players that speak french.

And as you said the maghrebi and european french market is currently empty and afterwind can find a good quantity of new french players interested in this game which is way harder in place like northern europe or the angloworld
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 19:30
Do the Math, mate. I concede the Quebec argument, but let's be honest. Does everyone in this game use the forum? I can confirm 60 active Canadians, but most of them are rank 2s and 3s. About 15 of them actively use the forum; now take 33% of that.

And we can't say that we've found 15 active native French speakers- I just showed you my work that sums native French forum users to less than 10. Add those all to the number of active forum users who speak French, and we get 20-25.

Frankly, I'm not sure how you're going to get people to play this game effectively if they can't even speak any English. The international forums are, I assume, for convenience more than anything. English is still the common language of AW, and you need either English or Google Translate to play the game.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 19:52
Well the main problem is that you take in account only the number of forum user and not the total active community. Don't tell me that there is 50 active forums users from turkey.......even less arabic user. I'm not even sure spanish and german got 50 active forum user and both of this language have a huge community in game.

It's not a question of not knowing english, most of the french in France have a basic english knowledge learned at school but on internet they use google.fr wikipedia.fr play french games never or almost never go on english websites.

"We were just talking about possibly localizing the game/website today - it might be our next big project, probably some time next year. We will probably start with German (since we have lots of German players and Dave speaks German) and then see how it goes.
The amount of speakers obviously doesn't mean much - the real question is, how many of them we can get to play our game, even with a translation. " Yvan

So if the game is advertized in french, have a french translation, yes we will get a huge quantity of french players because most of the french players interested in this kind of games never found, tested, played it while the quantity of germans players is probably way more near the saturation. In the big western countries France and Italy are currently underrepresented.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.11.2012 - 20:19
HOW FUCKING HARD COULD IT BE TO PUT ANOTHER FORUM SECTION. JUST PUT THE FORUM SECTION. Honest to god this community is full of what seems to be 5 year old's with down syndrome. You argue over shit that doesn't fucking affect you in any way. Best way to put it, you all belong in US congress. There's french speaking players, it takes 5 seconds to make a new forum section, we wan't our own forum. And honestly how the fuck does it hurt anyone if there is a french forum?
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.11.2012 - 04:25
 Ivan (Admin)
Napisano od Riffdis, 26.11.2012 at 20:19

HOW FUCKING HARD COULD IT BE TO PUT ANOTHER FORUM SECTION. JUST PUT THE FORUM SECTION. Honest to god this community is full of what seems to be 5 year old's with down syndrome. You argue over shit that doesn't fucking affect you in any way. Best way to put it, you all belong in US congress. There's french speaking players, it takes 5 seconds to make a new forum section, we wan't our own forum. And honestly how the fuck does it hurt anyone if there is a french forum?

You're not helping the argument. But anyway, pretty sure we'll add the French forum sooner or later.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.11.2012 - 04:56
Thomas,

I have been the one asking people with help to set up the other language forums... so if you want to help me set it up then PM me

cheers
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.11.2012 - 05:46
I think we should make 1 thing clear: Do you make new forums by the number of speakers in the world or by the number of players from that country in the game?

If it's the 2nd thing, then people from Balkan should get their forum too since their number is quite big, I counted more than 100 people from ex-yugoslavia who had logged in past few weeks, there is probably even more of them...
Btw, I don't even need forum for my mother tongue, I am quite comfortable with the english language, but probably the majority of players from that region would like it.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.11.2012 - 06:42
The forums are there as a tool for people who dont speak English very well... We dont want to exclude anyone from this game. The main limitation on setting up a non-English forum is having a trusted source to control it.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ