Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 9   Posjećeno od: 43 users
30.01.2013 - 06:59
Was just reading another topic regarding Custom strategies and thought, bloody oath that would be cool. Then realised that it was not the same idea. Someone else has probably thought of this, I apologise the search function here is mega bad okay.

So what would it be like to have a personalised strategy? The idea is as follows:

Everyone can create their own personalised strategy!
You bring up the unit screen and there are plus and minus symbols next to the attributes for each unit or next to each attribute column (to do for all units).
The first time you customise or after you reset the customisation it looks like you are playing the None strategy.
You then nerf some attributes of some units which gives you spare strategy points that can be used to increase attributes of other units.
You now have your own strat!

There are huge balance issues that would need to be worked out with this, but I believe they would be able to worked out.
Some issues would be:
Creating a super unit while other units are all to 0/0 and cost a bucket
Exploiting a single stat e.g. air transport range tripled.

Some ways to fix those issues would be:
Weight the strategy points needed to buff and gained from nerfing various attributes. E.g. Range could be more valuable than ARB.
Increase cost/gain dramatically the further the stat is moved away from default.
Having min/max values for the stats.
Having a maximum amount of tweaks. E.g. 5 nerfs and 5 buffs only.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.01.2013 - 08:24
This sounds cool. I support this
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
30.01.2013 - 10:48
sandtime
Račun izbrisan
Support
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.01.2013 - 13:59
Blackshark
Račun izbrisan
Support, this can make games more creative.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.01.2013 - 17:48
I still feel that this could be OP, as you could nerf your own units that you never use (for me I would take away everything from Anti-Aircraft, Destroyers, Stealth, and Subs, and put them all into my bombers/air transport.) This would be incredibly OP, as I would be taking my Sky Menace up a notch while not having the weaker tanks and such that you normally get with SM.
----
"Bitches ain't shit, but hoes and tricks"
-Mahatma Gandhi
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
31.01.2013 - 17:51
sandtime
Račun izbrisan
Did you read the whole thing? their are simple ways to balance this
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.03.2013 - 10:28
Napisano od zombiekiller, 31.01.2013 at 17:48

I still feel that this could be OP, as you could nerf your own units that you never use (for me I would take away everything from Anti-Aircraft, Destroyers, Stealth, and Subs, and put them all into my bombers/air transport.) This would be incredibly OP, as I would be taking my Sky Menace up a notch while not having the weaker tanks and such that you normally get with SM.

in that case i just make op AA and you lose.

this is 100% balanced
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.03.2013 - 10:53

Yes we would need to limit min-maxing. I suggested some methods of doing so but perhaps you have some more? Another to throw into the ring is affecting the amount of points gain/lost from editing a unit depending on how much you have already modified that unit.

E.g, if I decrease movement on tanks, I get the normal amount of points to allocate, I then remove def from tanks, I get less than normal points. This would be the opposite for increasing stats.

Balancing is the issue of course (but lets not pretend the strategies are balanced as is ). Actually, if the current strategies were just attribute sets you could load up using something similar proposed system, it could be one way of quantitatively measuring how balanced the current strategies are.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
08.03.2013 - 12:37
Napisano od Goblin, 08.03.2013 at 10:40

Napisano od Tundy, 08.03.2013 at 10:28

in that case i just make op AA and you lose.

this is 100% balanced

But how would you know that you need to create an op AA

edit: btw. we have plenty of different strategies to chose from, and this idea would take away a huge part of strategic element of this game not to mention that the upgrades would lose their meaning. And just look at the strategies we have ...change each of them a little bit and there is a possiblity of them becoming OP.

all the strategies we have, are overnerfed, if you change them a little bit more, it will make all the others strategies op or weak.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ