Kupite Premium da sakrijete sve reklame
Objave: 83   Posjećeno od: 223 users

Orginalna objava

Objavljeno od VRIL, 01.08.2013 - 18:21
Who makes the best looking and most accurate borders?
Open for submissions until August 31

To participate just post a screenshot of your map in this thread. Mind the following before submitting:
  • only submit when you are the creator of the map
  • mandatory: visible borders of at least 1 country and a background image
  • colours: adjust colours and transparency as you think fit
  • zoom: exactly max. in-game zoom
  • cities: may be included as you think fit
  • labels: may be included as you think fit
  • crop: relevant content only! (no elements of user interface, your browser window, desktop background or white edges)
  • resolution: 800x600 pixels. no resizing!

Hint: If you shouldnt be able to crop your screenshot to 800x600 pixels for some reason, try to crop the edges until you get clos to the size of the example screenshot. Just dont post a screenshot of your full screen. http://www.wikihow.com/Crop-an-Image-with-Microsoft-Paint

Since this is the autismus maximus contest there cant be a simple vote in the end. There will be an accurate evaluation of all different aspects. After August 31 the competition ends and I will contact each participant via private message including a link to a poll on an external site where you rate the work of the other contestants according the aspects of border complexity (45%), visual cooperation of borders and background (25%), authenticity/creativity (15%), quality of presentation (15%). To avoid the player with most friends winning only participants are eligible to vote. The winner gets to choose the border color of the trophy and the description which is the second line. Check it out on the picture above. Description can be something like that: Best borders in AW or best map maker or all jelly etc. Basically anything you like! This trophy is absolutely unique and will only be awarded to one player ever!

---

Example screenshot
  • 01.09.2013 - 17:14
     Utah

Once more! Note the effort and accuracy of the borders and the intricacy of the Holy Roman Empire.
    ----
    The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    01.09.2013 - 17:51
     KYBL
    I choose Japan:
    ----

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    01.09.2013 - 20:59
     KYBL
    Napisano od Comrade In Arms, 01.09.2013 at 18:04

He meant to post this, just click on the image to enlarge:
    ----

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.09.2013 - 05:50
    Napisano od VRIL, 01.08.2013 at 18:21

• zoom: exactly max. in-game zoom
  • ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.09.2013 - 07:31
    ----

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.09.2013 - 09:13
    ----

† In GOD We Trust †
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.09.2013 - 13:41
     KYBL
    I think one person is purposely giving 0's to people just so they go down. Particularly Joyeuse got a 0 from one person on everything, even though he probably deserves to win.
    ----

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.09.2013 - 13:56
     VRIL
    Gentlemen make a fair vote
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.09.2013 - 14:00
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.09.2013 - 14:37
    Napisano od Roncho, 04.09.2013 at 14:00

But I liked your's ;_;
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.09.2013 - 14:42
    Napisano od Guest, 04.09.2013 at 14:37

Napisano od Roncho, 04.09.2013 at 14:00

But I liked your's ;_;

It wasn't me seriously
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 14:19
    I did submit my map recently but was away for a few days so I couldnt post a pic. I would relal ylike to enter this competition.

Could I possibly re enter? WOuld players and makers be fine with that?
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 14:24
     VRIL
    If its okay for you guys I can include him in the vote!
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 15:23
    Napisano od VRIL, 05.09.2013 at 14:24

If its okay for you guys I can include him in the vote!

I'm okay with it. But how would we all re-vote?
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 15:44
     VRIL
    You wouldnt have to revote I would set up an additional vote just with his picture
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 18:34
     Utah
    Napisano od VRIL, 05.09.2013 at 15:44

You wouldnt have to revote I would set up an additional vote just with his picture

Wait wouldn't that mean he would get less votes since a lot of us already voted?
    ----
    The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 20:29
     VRIL
    Not if you guys vote again just his contribution. Really this one is all up to you. I know he spent a lot of time on his map and he would love to enter the competition. If it doesnt bother you I can make that happen. But be honest please and reply. If youre just going to skip the vote in the end I might aswell not waste my time here :]

Hi

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    05.09.2013 - 20:35
     Utah
    Napisano od VRIL, 05.09.2013 at 20:29

Not if you guys vote again just his contribution. Really this one is all up to you. I know he spent a lot of time on his map and he would love to enter the competition. If it doesnt bother you I can make that happen. But be honest please and reply. If youre just going to skip the vote in the end I might aswell not waste my time here :]

Ah just remembered that this isn't a "choose from a list and whoever gets the most vote wins" kind of vote, sorry.
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 15:26
    I'm agree, certain person give 0 to other... i don't understand because even if it's on me... i can't give a 0 without real reason Oo. May be ban of the vote no fair person ?
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 15:34
    Joyeuse blamed me but it wasn't me. I mostly voted 4-6.
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:12
    My submission in my claim to the throne of Autismus Maximi. My Ultimate WWI map.

It's a cut up of the original default map but doubled in size. All the borders are created from scratch using comparison to the original default while also using old maps of 1914 aswell as maps of rivers and lakes. It took around 2 months to complete on and off and alot of thought and work has gone into it. Thanks for looking and playing.

[img=http://s24.postimg.org/9hoyj7tg1/Britain.jpg]

[img=http://s7.postimg.org/soc1oagjr/image.jpg]

[img=http://s8.postimg.org/p6a3n3cep/Germany.jpg]
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:13
    Napisano od Guest, 06.09.2013 at 18:46

I voted after the Joyeuse thing was posted but I have to say while I gave him a good vote for Borders... that background image is the worse one in the contest and was voted as such. Looks like someone spilt burnt red bean soup onto all the countries...

All I'm not taking part in Tik-tok vote. Maybe if he actually kept his word

Tik-Tok - 31.08.2013 at 19:16 Quote
    Im submitting my Ultimate WWI last minute. Ill post pics and publish tonight.

Instead he tries to weazle his way into the contest days later!

Tik-Tok - 05.09.2013 at 23:19

I did submit my map recently but was away for a few days so I couldnt post a pic. I would relal ylike to enter this competition.

Could I possibly re enter? WOuld players and makers be fine with that?

-----

With still no pic :/

I know these rules are lenient but still epalka was made to comply before he was entered and tik-tok didn't comply with a few rules..

I won't partake in his "separate vote"

I just voted on yours. The map is freely available to see. I couldnt publish, I had work all week.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:16
    Excelent work Tik.
    Didn't expect less.
    Just voted for your map... for me it is among the Top 10% (or 5%?).
    Cheers.
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:18
    From the responses I am seeing on some peoples maps, I dont think this vote is being taken seriously at all. Anyone who gives Schumpters border complexity a 0 deserves to have their vote and map taken out of the comeptition. That's pretty disgusting behaviour.

I see now that this likely isnt going to be a fair and fun competition which bullshit like that.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:21
    Schumpter visual co operation a 0? Who gave Schumpter a 0 on everything?
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:22
    Napisano od Tik-Tok, 06.09.2013 at 20:18

From the responses I am seeing on some peoples maps, I dont think this vote is being taken seriously at all. Anyone who gives Schumpters border complexity a 0 deserves to have their vote and map taken out of the comeptition. That's pretty disgusting behaviour.

I see now that this likely isnt going to be a fair and fun competition which bullshit like that.

Oh Tik, you couldn't be more right on this issue.
    We should think about making voting patterns public.
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:30
    Napisano od Tik-Tok, 06.09.2013 at 20:18

I gave him a low border complexity, simply because they're not that complex. However, the map is beautiful in it's own merit, which is why all other categories I gave him high marks in.

Also: I love how extensive your map seems to be, albeit some inaccuracies here and there. Your rivers seem nice, but how tight are they? What's the real-life accuracy on them as well? I'd love to see your research.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2013 - 20:43
     VRIL
    All results will be public for sure.

There are a couple of things I have on my mind to keep things fair without interfering too much:
    - It is now possible to edit your votings after submission! So if you feel like reconsidering your ratings you are free to do that now.
    - Self votes will be ignored
    - The final calculation will be inspired by a competitive sports rating system used for platform diving or figure skating for example. I will not include details yet so you can focus on the actual rating and not the final calculations behind it

Sunday 8 PM CEST the vote officially ends. I will make the calculations and present the winner and all the results in this thread.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    07.09.2013 - 05:37
    Gg wp tiktok won.

----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    07.09.2013 - 11:10
    Napisano od Roncho, 07.09.2013 at 05:37

Gg wp tiktok won.

tik-tok submitted his map before the deathline, he only forgot to add pictures
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    atWar

About Us
    Contact

Privatnost | Uslovi korištenja | Baneri | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite nam se

Proširi riječ